Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By topspeed

Thread: Someone loves my JBL Studio 530's as much as I do.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar

Someone loves my JBL Studio 530's as much as I do.

While not a fan of some of the language or how he gets his point across I enjoy someone who likes the speaker as much as me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAJavBmoAaQ
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

I am not sure how true to the sound this demo presents but music I like sounds great through the Studio 530's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlQrdSAp_LQ
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

I don't know why, but I could have sworn I saw a different speaker in your sig a few weeks ago?

Whatever, that video was lol funny! Anybody that has a 911 binnacle sitting on top of their audio rack automatically receives bonus points from me. Are they the best speaker in the world? As long as the listener thinks so, who am I to argue?

Thanks for brightening my day!

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed View Post
    I don't know why, but I could have sworn I saw a different speaker in your sig a few weeks ago?

Whatever, that video was lol funny! Anybody that has a 911 binnacle sitting on top of their audio rack automatically receives bonus points from me. Are they the best speaker in the world? As long as the listener thinks so, who am I to argue?

Thanks for brightening my day!
    I thought more people would either enjoy or be offended by his reviewing style. We of course all know the best is subjective based on room and equipment. You did see I had the Monitor RS6's out since I did not have anyone below me for a few weeks. The bass level does do large scale orchestra and massed vocals very nicely. Neighbors below do not always appreciate them. Oh and the tweeter can become fatiguing.
    JohnMichael
    Digital
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMichael View Post
    I thought more people would either enjoy or be offended by his reviewing style. We of course all know the best is subjective based on room and equipment. You did see I had the Monitor RS6's out since I did not have anyone below me for a few weeks. The bass level does do large scale orchestra and massed vocals very nicely. Neighbors below do not always appreciate them. Oh and the tweeter can become fatiguing.
    Someone would have to do a lot more than use a few curse words to offend me. In fact, one of my favorite movie scenes is Alec Baldwin's rant in Glengarry Glen Ross, which one should definitely avoid if easily offended.

I'm also glad to see I don't have the onset of dementia quite yet, I knew there was something different about your sig. BTW, that's very considerate of you to change back to stand mounts with new neighbors. Still, feel free to borrow the Array's anytime. Your neighbors will really be enthralled with you then!
    JohnMichael likes this.

Thread Information