Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ricksrecords

Thread: Need a subwoofer that will last

Forum Regular

Need a subwoofer that will last

So need a new subwoofer for HT system.

Use maybe 2 hours a week. But have only been getting 4 to 5 years out of the polk ones. Is this normal.

Current one that stopped working is a Polk psw111 which is a 8".
    Last one was same brand but a larger model.
    A 8 " does all I want it to do for the occasional movie. And smaller the better for looks.

Is polk subs dependable as anyother brand. 15 years and never a problem with the center, fronts or rear speakers.

Thanks

Forum Regular
    Would help if you provided a budget.

Forum Regular
    Try to check out RSL Speedwoofer. It is a decent subwoofer and not pricey.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Velodyne or SVS, I have owned both. The Velodyne, a 12" I gave to my son, he is still using it, darn thing is twenty years old! If not older! And I know what you mean about the Folks, they rarely last, and are not the best bang for the buck. Much better picks out there.

Please tell me your budget range, because no one suggests you without your exact budget, well anyways I suggest you to once check on the promo code for free, if your budget range is $200 or more, there are much varieties of subwoofer you will need to explore a lil bit.

Charm Thai™
    I've had good luck with Velodyne (knock on wood) as far as reliability goes. I have a microvee and a Spl-1500R that have been kicking for years. Subwoofer plate amps no matter which vendor are hit and miss sometimes though.

I would personally and definitely recommend JBL LSR310S 10″! We have been using it for a couple of months and it's 11/10. Hahaha! Well for a much more convenient one, you should try Sonos SUB Wireless Subwoofer with Integrated SONOSNet 2.0 Extender (Gloss White). It is wireless and it has a superb convenience guarantee! It's the best, check it out!

Agreed. I have JBL LSR310S at home and Im impressed with its performance. I bought it for a minimal price and I never regret any second!
    Chris | check it here

I have the same dilemma. I hope to find good recommendations here.
    Maze |www.a1septicservicejax.com

Forum Regular
    I have had a HSU STF-2 that HSU probably does not even sell anymore since 2011. And now that I have their VTF3-MK5 I moved the STF-2 to my home office. In other words HSU makes excellent subwoofers that last a long time!!

I hope I could find good recommendations here. https://www.jolietductcleaning.com/

I currently have a Sony SA-W3000 (12" 180 watt) powered subwoofer. I've had it for about 5 years now & it's still going strong. You cannot buy them new anymore though as that model has been discontinued.
    I had a JVC powered sub back in the day & ran it for about 7 years till the woofer itself wore slap out. Amp is still good in it though.
    Depending on your budget, I know the sub I want to try is the new JL Audio Dominion d110
    It retails at about $1,100, has a 10" driver & is powered by a class D amplifier rated at 750 watts peak. It has awesome reviews & JL Audio is one of the very best subwoofer manufacturers out there.
    That's definitely the next powered subwoofer I want to buy!

Thanks for sharing this info, it would be a great help to us who plan to buy one. yycsepticservices.ca/

Great to know this site to visit and comment. Central Albert Towing

At this time, the Klipsch subs are on sale. klipsch.com the 12 inchers have a 'punch' that I like. Not 'small,' I have two 15" Klipsch. 'How low, can you go!' These are very efficient, should not have to overdrive. Are you in a warm environment? Air pollution?
    Last edited by Ricksrecords; 11-18-2020 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Misspelling
    Sara25 likes this.

Forum Regular

Content Writers

Practically every major company has a website that customers and clients use to learn more about their options. If you have a website – or a presence on social media – you need content writing that will help your organization meet its goals.
    Saskatoon tree removal

Hola, gracias por todas sus recomendaciones han sido de gran ayuda,
    durante la búsqueda en varios lugares encontré un lugar donde realizan el análisis de dispositivos de audio y se pueden hacer buenas comparaciones entre los dispositivos... Se las recomiendo.

Forum Regular
    Fuel oil is made of long hydrocarbon chains, particularly alkanes, cycloalkanes, and aromatics. The term fuel oil is also used in a stricter sense to refer only to the heaviest commercial fuel.
    moving trailer rentals

May we ask how much is your budget? Those quality subwoofer is more expensive for sure. montgomery landscaping contractors

Great forum posted! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. slab leaks orange county

Ohh this is so cool Love it! channel letter signs cincinnati ohio

Thread Information