Forum Regular

Pinnacle speakers?

Hello, Are Pinnacle speakers quality speakers or are they cheap junk? Thank you, Michael

Forum Regular

Not JUNK

Quote Originally Posted by Number9
    Hello, Are Pinnacle speakers quality speakers or are they cheap junk? Thank you, Michael
    I bought my Pinnacle speakers about 5 or so years ago.

I have the Pinnacle Classic Gold Reference towers, Classic Gold Center and Pinnacle xx400 surrounds.

I have NO COMPLAINTS about these speakers. I enjoy the way they sound and they have been able to delivery me many hours of wonderful music and HT presentation. They have been connected to a JVC AVR and a Kenwood sub.

I am in the process of replacing the entire setup (new house) and going with all Boston speakers, using Bookshelf type for the front.

The Bostons are a bit deeper in tone than the Pinnacles (to my ear) .... but then I've never heard them all in the same house/room connected to the same AVR. I've only heard the Bostons connected to a Denon and as I said the Pinnacles are connected to a JVC.

Within a couple of weeks or so I will be able to compare them in the same room. Not that it will make any difference, as I can not accomodate the towers in the new space. My guess is that they will all sound better on the Denon versus the old JVC .... which is NOWHERE near the quality that is produced by the Denon 3805

If if weren't for that, I WOULD NOT be replacing the Pinnacles.

Good Luck,
    Mike
    Last edited by omikey; 03-23-2004 at 10:22 AM. Reason: typeo

Forum Regular

Cool also consider when comparing

Also it's going to be next to impossible to compare the Pinnacle speakers to the Bostons. Given that the Pinnacles are full range speakers (29 on the bottom range) and the Bostons are bookshelf (bottoms out at about 59 or 60 I seem to recall) .... not a fair comparsion.

The Bostons have to have a sub to compliment them .... the Pinnacles 'could' be used without the sub and still produce pretty decent audio out.

Thread Information