Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    AR Newbie Registered Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    need help with new system,

    Hi, I am building a new home, and will be uprgrading my equipment. Will be installing three pairs of in ceiling speakers in three different locations. Planned on using a Niles Volume control distribution Hub, but am wondering what type of amp I'll need to power the speakers, going through the niles hub, to the niles volume controls.

    I have two recievers now, one has two zones. I plan on upgrading the reciever, but want to be able to run all three sets of speaker out of the hub. Will this require an amp? or would I be better off using two pair of speakers out of the older reciever, and run the set in the living room out of the new reciever?

    I'm wondering if I run all three sets of speaker into the hub, that an reciever will have enough power to run all speakers.

    Any help?

  2. #2
    Forum Regular blackraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Your best bet is to buy an amp for zone 2. Herre's a couple of good amps for your purposes

    This one's a 3 channel amp
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts