Timbo Registered Member

Lightbulb MP3 player not loud enough.. help please

OK anyone,,,, how can I make my MP3 player louder and more eq juiced?? I just bought a Creative Labs 5G Muvo and I want it louder and better sounding. I am a novice, rookie and all that to most electronic gadgets, but I grew up rockin my brains in the 70's and still like to listen to it loud and crisp. I have thought this:: 1. record my cd's with a program at a loud, customizable level to begin with?? 2. A special kind of kick-ass loud headphones?? 3. What way is best process/mediun to acquire,copy, download/burn and stick onto my mp3 software to my mp3 for excellent mixed, loud tunes??? Thanks for any help anyone can throw my way.

Quote Originally Posted by timbo
    OK anyone,,,, how can I make my MP3 player louder and more eq juiced?? I just bought a Creative Labs 5G Muvo and I want it louder and better sounding. I am a novice, rookie and all that to most electronic gadgets, but I grew up rockin my brains in the 70's and still like to listen to it loud and crisp. I have thought this:: 1. record my cd's with a program at a loud, customizable level to begin with?? 2. A special kind of kick-ass loud headphones?? 3. What way is best process/mediun to acquire,copy, download/burn and stick onto my mp3 software to my mp3 for excellent mixed, loud tunes??? Thanks for any help anyone can throw my way.
    Build yourself one of these: http://tangentsoft.net/audio/cmoy-tutorial/

Pretty cool little gizmos with a high "wow" factor. If your just not feeling it you can buy a portable amp, just do a google search and I"m sure you'll find plenty. That'll take care of the juice. For the phones-to each his own. I happen to use Grado SR 125's but I've heard good things about some models by Senn, Koss and even Sony.

As for the rest, I don't do MP3's so I can't help.

good luck,
    jc
    "Ahh, cartoons! America's only native art form. I don't count jazz 'cuz it sucks"- Bartholomew J. Simpson

Ah, yep. You need an amp.

The one Jim recommends looks interesting. ...I may check into it myself.

Thread Information