AR Newbie Registered Member

Question A Monsterous Leap!!!

Has Anyone Purchased Or Tried Out The Monster Thx Speakers?
    I Just Upgraded My Receiver To The Onkyo 1000 And Like The Sound And Look Of The Monster Thx Speakers An My Local Fry's Electronics Store. Has Anyone Seen Any Reviews On These Speakers???

Well, no I have not heard them. BUT just from your post I can tell one thing....they are not worth the price. Why?

First, Monster products in general are way overpriced. They are topped only by Bose in the 'good sound through marketing' approach of selling cheap products for a premium price by taking advantage of a naive buying public.

They are 'THX Certified'. This is not a bad thing in and of itself really, the only bad thing is that you're paying a premium for that THX sticker that means nothing.

Monster does not actually make speakers. They buy from a manufacturer and stick their name on it. Again, not really a bad thing as long as the speaker is good quality. Many speaker makers don't actually make their own stuff. But, why not go straight to a manufactuer and get a better speaker for less money?

So, what's your budget for speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by d3monsters
    Has Anyone Purchased Or Tried Out The Monster Thx Speakers?
    I Just Upgraded My Receiver To The Onkyo 1000 And Like The Sound And Look Of The Monster Thx Speakers An My Local Fry's Electronics Store. Has Anyone Seen Any Reviews On These Speakers???
    Considering that you have just purchased the TXNR1000 - a smokin' hot piece of equipment of the highest grade, I would reccomend buying speakers from a different name other than Monster. I do agree with you that they look good, but like N Abstentia mentioned, they simply buy their speakers from other manufactuers and slap their name on it. That process alone means higher cost to the consumer because of Monster's thinner margin. Look around at some other speakers, but ultimately, buy the speakers that you think sound the best not which speakers have the most well known name on the grill.

Happy searching!

Thread Information