• 03-13-2008, 10:21 AM
    gnmaurice
    Mitsubishi M-CTR5 Replacement Tweeter
    Hi all,

I am pretty new to the forum (one post over on the preamp section) and I need some help with my speakers. Specifically, my center channel speaker. My HT setup has Mitsubishi speakers and the center channel speaker is the M-CTR5. I have noticed that there seems to be some distortion coming from the tweeter (3/4" polycarbonate dome tweeter). It gets very "harsh" (for lack of a better term) at times and is very annoying.

Since the speakers are older (about 9 years old) I don't think the exact replacements exist. So, I am looking to buy a new tweeter and install that. My questions to all of you are:

• can you recommend a good place to buy a replacement
    • what should I be aware/careful of when replacing the tweeter

I could just get it repaired, but I figure it might cost as much as replacing and I am sort of a DIY'er. I am not sure what kind of electronics are inside the speaker, but I am comfortable messing with that small stuff (ex-electronics tech in the USN) and "My dad has an awesome set ot tools!" or at least I do.

Thanks,

George
  • 11-15-2010, 03:48 PM
    mlundgr
    Did you ever find a replacement tweeter for your M-CTR5? I'm looking for a new tweeter for mine.