Forum Regular

Made my Big Purchase Today. Thanks everyone for the advice. Here is what I bought.

My two month search is over.

JM Lab 926 L/R
    JM Lab cc900 Centre
    JM Lab SR900 Surround
    Monitor Audio FB 212 Sub
    Pioneer Elite 49 TXI AVR

Speakers and Reciever came to just under $20,000 Cnd.

Are these wires justice for this setup.

Van Den Hybrid 352 Bi-amp
    Centre Cleartrack speaker cable
    Ultralink Intensifier rear cables
    Banana Plugs

Forum Regular
    Can't say that I've heard the JM Lab speakers, but if you like'em, that's all that matters. But I will BIGGIT UP for your sub purchase. The FB 212 is class.

THOB

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Congrats on the system...wires should be more than fine.

I'm not a fan of speakers using metal tweeters but JM Labs' Mezza Utopia is one of the exceptions and I liked what I heard from the Chorus line for the money...though I have not heard the 900 line or Electra line whichever they now call it.

Hope you enjoy your system for years to come.

I also must say good for you to seek out JM Labs...they're not as hyped as a lot of other brands but I have enjoyed them far more than most of the years.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumD
    Van Den Hybrid 352 Bi-amp
    Centre Cleartrack speaker cable
    Ultralink Intensifier rear cables
    Banana Plugs

The wires most likely are overkill costwise. But, not that you have them, enjoy them.
    mtrycrafts

F1
    You've got higher speaker series than mine (click my moniker for my system) so it shows more potential. Enjoy the system and be happy. Your cables are fine, though they are too expensive for me...

Forum Regular
    $20,000 Cnd? Isn't that about $600 in real money?

Get real skeptic, Canada is our northern neighbor and their economy is very similiar to the U.S. The current exchange rate is around 0.7524 which equates to about 15,048.00 U.S. dollars.

Forum Regular
    Living with you must be one barrel of laughs.

I may have gotten a laugh if it was the peso but come on the canadian dollar? I think this was a snide and sarcastic remark on your part and deserves an apology!

Forum Regular
    Q: How do you get to Texas?

A: You walk west until you smell it and then you walk south until you step in it.

That jokes old as the hills and twice as dusty. Got anything better?

for the record...

I thought it was funny as heck!!...but i'm warped....

congrats on the system laddy!!! I run the same sub in me two channel sys and it'll get ya far...good bang fer the buck i'd say!!! I know you'll enjoy your stuff fer years ta come!! and if not...send it this way...i'll babby-sit it fer ya!!
    • Mark Levinson No. 27
    • Musical Fidelity 308cr
    • Martin Logan Prodigy's
    • Ariel Acoustics 10-T
    • Rega Planet CD
    • CJ Premier 9 DAC
    • Linn LP12 - Basik Plus - Valhalla
    • Benz Micro Cart.
    • Akai GX 747 Reel to Reel
    • Straight Wire Virtuoso Interconnects

RGA
    Forum Regular
    I thought it was funny and I'm Canadian. We here refer to our dollar as the Canadian Peso...at least I do.

I'm surprised Americans are not coming up here in droves to buy stuff. Espeically cds and DVDs. The silly thing is that much of the time it is sold at par. American companies bring it into Canada and sell at par so don't worry that your money is leaving the States. Most of our comapnies are owned by American companies.

I do think that IF and or when the time comes that we end up joining as a State(Sooner or later you'll need our fresh water like you need the oil) ... When you take us over please keep are Monopoly money. So much easier to read. Boring old green c'mon. Blue Fives Purple Tens, Red Fifties, Goldish Brown Hundreds. Don't worry we have Green 20s - but they're light. And yes two tone 2 dollar coins and gold ones.

And contrary to what you might all; think we have all the amenities and all the good stuff America has without nearly as much of the crap...like Jerry Springer, The Republican Party, The Democratic Party(like there's really a difference it's all run by the CIA and Shell). Our politicians are a lot less interesting...but if you run out of sleeping pills you have an alternative.

RGA, that is so funny. I totally agree with you on the oil and water thing. If wild bill Bush gets a second term, I think were in trouble. He may just snatch that water you were talking about. Shoot, he already took the oil, what next?

Forum Regular
    "I do think that IF and or when the time comes that we end up joining as a State(Sooner or later you'll need our fresh water like you need the oil) ... When you take us over please keep are Monopoly money. "

I hope that was a joke. Both countries are better off with things the way they are. (If you could just tighten up your immigration a little, it would make us a lot more comfortable, especially since we obviously have no control whatsoever over ours.) Canadians would not be happy as American states. If you don't like being represented as one of a dozen or so provinces in far away Ottawa, how would you feel about being one of fifty odd states in further away Washington DC? But it almost happened. About 20 or 25 years ago when it appeared Quebec would secede and Canada would break apart at the seams. One thing you can be certain of. French will not be America's second official language. That's because it will be Spanish. (that's a joke son. yuk yuk yuk yuk.---howdja like my Texas accent? Yee-Haaaa Yawl !!!!)

Skeptic, LOL, now that made me laugh. Good analogy between the states and provinces. Well, time to get to work before someone comes in on me. Have a great day!

Talking Stop it man, you're killing me!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RGA
    I thought it was funny and I'm Canadian. We here refer to our dollar as the Canadian Peso...at least I do.

I'm surprised Americans are not coming up here in droves to buy stuff. Espeically cds and DVDs. The silly thing is that much of the time it is sold at par. American companies bring it into Canada and sell at par so don't worry that your money is leaving the States. Most of our comapnies are owned by American companies.

I do think that IF and or when the time comes that we end up joining as a State(Sooner or later you'll need our fresh water like you need the oil) ... When you take us over please keep are Monopoly money. So much easier to read. Boring old green c'mon. Blue Fives Purple Tens, Red Fifties, Goldish Brown Hundreds. Don't worry we have Green 20s - but they're light. And yes two tone 2 dollar coins and gold ones.

And contrary to what you might all; think we have all the amenities and all the good stuff America has without nearly as much of the crap...like Jerry Springer, The Republican Party, The Democratic Party(like there's really a difference it's all run by the CIA and Shell). Our politicians are a lot less interesting...but if you run out of sleeping pills you have an alternative.
    I love it, this is the funniest thing I've seen since Justin Timberlake trying to shave... ROTFLMBBAO!!! Thanks man... snarf, wheeze... chortle...

choke...

tears.......

Da "I'm only 3.2 hours from the Cannuckian Border" Worfster

Congrats on your system and thanks for letting us know. Enjoy it.

This is the funniest thread I've read in a while Great jokes guys!

Forum Regular

Thumbs down American Thinking(or do they)

I have to jump in here being Canadian,you Americans are too dumb to come here and buy your audio equipment with your American $,you say our money is worthless yet you are too
    stupid and narrow minded to put it to good use.

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Yes Skeptic I was being fecitious(and I doubt I spelled it right).

HT Buff. Please do not turn into the typical Anti-American Canadian. I'm sick and tired of hearing Canadians ***** and whine that Americans are stupid. Yes Jerry Springer paints a bad image that Americans are one step up(maybe) from the folks in Deliverance but frankly we have a lot of such folks in Canada. The difference is there is 10 times the population in the US and thus you're going to have 10 times the stupid people too.

The other thing I always think is odd is that when a Democrat is in charge Canadians and most other countries seem to sigh a sigh of great relief. Well it was basically a 50-50 vote down there so even "IF" you support this - Democrat is better - view then that means there were 50% smart American voters.

No Politician is trustworthy and no foreign policy is on the up and up. The only reason for foreign policy is to GAIN something for one's country. America is in a bigger more powerful position to gain something for them - it will be indirectly or directly - but the UN is just as corrupt if not more so than any other body going - and if I may say a useless waste of time.

Canada whines Europe Whines...well then we should do something. If a country TRULY was worried that the US would takeover the world, then they should be investing money into the military. Military dictates your voice on the world stage whether one wants to admit it or not. The forrestry in this country has taken a beating from the silly protectionism the US has adopted to simply accept free trade if all the benefits go to the US. If our country had any balls we would say right we now charge a 500,000,000% increase on hydro -----California's lights go out tomorrow. Of course that would start a war.

If Canada had any kind of nuclear weaponry then the forrestry issue would not be an issue - which is why North Korea has not been dealt with nor will be. And neither will China ever be.

This is not Anti-Americanism it's a fact of life...they have the money the guns and a right wing religion and western value is best theory of living and have determined that any other belief system is a threat...just like any religion in the 1500s. Be thankful it's Bush and not Jerry Fallwell like people running the country.

But don't think that America ONLY went in for oil and conversely that oil had nothing to do with their decision to go in. There are probably 4-5 reasons distributed as a percentage including the desire to control oil, to get rid of a killer the world is better off without, as a domino effect lynch pin to get the other nutbars in that region to toe the line, and to have a free country they can open McDonald's restaurants in and sell Nike and Coke.

The fact is the American Oil reserves are pitiful, they need to get the contracts controlled rather than buying it through European conglomorates that will simply jack the price way up and gouge Americans.

I'm tired of people blamig America for EVERYTHING. You don't like America then stop selling and buying to and from America. Ie; put your money where your mouth is. America goes into WWII and helps win it(I say help because American history texts seem to think it was a one man show) and America is then blamed for coming late...even though they had a Star Trekian non interference stance. Then they finally go in and are blamed for being slow? Now they see the same thing Hitler was doing so they strike first and they're blamed for getting involved. And if Saddam had and used the weapons 3 years from now America would be blamed for not acting in advance.

Of course if it was a democrat doing the identical things there would be less belly-aching from the rest of the world.

Star Trek's Prime Directive is not a bad idea actually. Trouble begins when you sell weapons to both sides and wonder why they come back and bite you in the ass. That show learned a lot from 19th century utopian idealism...now it's time for us to figure out some way to get close.

Forum Regular
    I hope this doesn't turn into a place for political discussions. Arguements over politics and religion are so bland compared to audio equipment wars. This is one place where we can duke it out over the things in life that really matter. Woofers and tweeters.

very classy....good post...well received....good points....well thought out...friendly even....we welcome more of the same....come back again soon.......move along now.....
    • Mark Levinson No. 27
    • Musical Fidelity 308cr
    • Martin Logan Prodigy's
    • Ariel Acoustics 10-T
    • Rega Planet CD
    • CJ Premier 9 DAC
    • Linn LP12 - Basik Plus - Valhalla
    • Benz Micro Cart.
    • Akai GX 747 Reel to Reel
    • Straight Wire Virtuoso Interconnects

Forum Regular
    I would but I can't forget the last time I went up there and bought some bacon. You guys really eat that stuff for breakfast?

Thread Information