Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Regular
    My daughter is 14. The ipod will be used in her room mostly, so I will either go for computer speakers of spkr/dock system.

Forum Regular
    This past weekend I was invited with a couple of friends to a cottage. The topic of music came up and I volunteered to bring my iPod with those Bose Mediamate speakers. We set them up and they all said "i dont know if we will be able to hear anything out on the deck with these small things"....they were shocked as I fired them up....at half to 3 1/4 volume, it was full rich, clear sounds and bass was audible outside clearly.

The speakers were sitting on the living room table facing the outside screen door....the sound actually filled the outdoors at the same time...I dont know what Bose does but they do it damn well.

JSE
    I was in the same boat as you except the speakers were for my wife's office. I tried several different systems and the Klipsch Ifi system was by far and away the best sounding speaker/dock system I tested. I tried the Bose system and it was OK. I tried the Klipsch speaker that's a ripoff of the Bose and it sucked. I finally tried the Klipsch Ifi system side by side with the Bose and it was no contest. Klipsch by a mile. It really filled the room. Set the sub to nuetral and it rocks.

I got the Ifi direct from Klipsch as refurbed unit for $179.00. Not a mark or blemish anywehre except it looks the the remote had been used before.

In terms of dock/speaker systems, it's really impressive. Can you get better sound? Sure, but at a much higher cost and more components and wires etc. I doubt your daughter cares about getting "audiophile" quality out of her Pod, if that's even possible given it's MP3.

JSE

Forum Regular
    I think I am going to checkout the Klipsch unit. It sounds like a good deal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information