AR Newbie Registered Member

looking for help

My set up is an marantz pm 7200 with infinity 8.1 front port using mit avt1 cabel. Question i would like to up grade my amp was thinking pm 17? Would love to have feedback. Thanks Ak68

Suspended
    Hi, I understand wanting to upgrade, we are always wanting to improve on what we have. If you like the Marantz/Infinity combo the 17 would be a logical move as the Reference line is a nice step up. However, upgrading is also a nice time to explore to see what else is out there, if nothing else to have confidence the Marantz is the best option, orm more importantly the one that your ears like best.

What brands do you have access to. Some integrated amps now have built in DAC's so it's possible to upgrade both you amp and digital playback at the same time. You might look at some of the NAD amps. I'm not trying to sway you from Marantz just saying to check your options, Marantz is a good option especially in the Reference, being able to deliver a smooth sound without loss of detail. I've owned Infinity and now Revel, it's been my experience though Infinity isn't that hard to drive they still like a bit of current from the amp so I wouldn't recommend a fully tube amp. Maybe a hybrid from Peachtree or Vincent Audio. Depending on the type of sound you like I've seen the Krell s300i on sale around $1800.00 which would have a lot of current, power and detail but not as warm as the Marantz would be, a pretty good deal for a $2500.00 integrated though.

Thread Information