Forum Regular

Klipsh RW-12d Problem....request advise

New subUsing 100 Watt Yamaha which worked fine with prior unit. LFE output to sub with "Y" adaptor. The unit bottoms out with a " power vibration" at -5 volume setting.. I have receiver crossover at 80 and the sub LFE to off. I also tried the sub at near 150 and same results. It sounds like the type of "bottoming" you hear from the trunk of a lowrider and not a mechanical rattle like something loose. I'm 62 and do not need heavy bass or vulume, but this simply not adequate.....anyone know what I might be doing wrong here.....or possible sub defect?

What is the volume of the sub itself? You may try turning it down a bit to see if that helps.

The only other thing I can think of is to take out the y-adapter and just run the LFE into the left channel of the sub to see if there's a difference, and then into the right channel.
    -------------------------
    Quad CDP-2
    Quad 99 Pre
    Quad 909 Amp
    Quad 21L Mains
    Quad L 2 Sub (used on occasion for 2.1)
    JW Audio Cryo Nova, Nebula and Jumpers

Forum Regular
    The sub volume goes form -20 (lowest) to + 5 (highest).....the problem begins at -5. I am told that 0 is about 75% power, but that is hearsay...I am guessing the problem begins at about half volume.

I apologize, I misinterpreted. I thought the setting was -5db on the receiver.

What is the LFE/Sub setting on the receiver? I know you said that it's crossed over at 80, but is the channel set at 0db or less?
    -------------------------
    Quad CDP-2
    Quad 99 Pre
    Quad 909 Amp
    Quad 21L Mains
    Quad L 2 Sub (used on occasion for 2.1)
    JW Audio Cryo Nova, Nebula and Jumpers

Forum Regular
    yes, receiver set at 0 on level settings.

Thread Information