Utmostjamin1

Klipsch THX ultra 2 system

anyKlipsch lovers seen this system? the horns look huge! how does it compare with the reference line. I currently have the reference line and i enjoy them immenssly.

http://www.klipsch.com/product/produ...ue&rmore=False
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Regular
    Yes i seen and listened to it ,it sounded great but i think the saleman said it cost $10,000.000 bucks ,but i could have misunderstood him, I would surely think i could fined something for less money that sounded just as good, I have the klipsch sb-3s for mains and a sc-3 for center and ss-1s for surrounds

Utmostjamin1

ten grand?? yikes

that much for that wow it does look cool but way too pricey for my blood. if anything they are prob geared for mainly home theater. i do love my surround sound but i also love listening to 2 channel stereo cds as well

Forum Regular

Looks like M & K stuff..

designed to look like a studio....hopefully a little value for the buck and not all gimmick based on looks....frankly dont like the "sans grill" look when it reveals plastic baffle and plastic driver surrounds....I was a fan of some of the older Klipsch speakers, but new entries looking increasing like a giant plastic mold.....

Up & Coming Bottlehead jt1stcav's Avatar
    Lakeland, inbetween Tampa and Orlando, Florida
    If I remember correctly, the front baffle (or motorboard in Klipschspeak) to this HT model is a solid chunk of aluminum, and not plastic like all the other Reference and Synergy Series Klipsch. I've always been a big Heritage fan myself, which is why I love my 1979 16-ply raw birch Cornwalls so much! The newer horns are made up of a composite/plastic mold, while mine are of metal...the plastic is supposed to eliminate the ringing effect the metal horns are known for, plus they're less expensive to produce (as far as I know).
    ~ Jim Tidwell ~

"Uh, jazz flute is for little fairy boys." - Veronica Corningstone

The Collector
    hell it's got horns it has to be good. i've been waiting to hear it the reviews for it are all great. if the price is $10,000 that might be a little steep but for the right horn nothing is too much

Thread Information