Forum Regular

jm labs cobalt 816s

Just have to share,my new Cobalt 816s have arrived,and are sitting on the floor waiting to be unpacked and set up.Good times ahead.Gotta go.

bill

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

Good God...

...ain't life grand?New toys!!! Congrats and be sure to report back yer findings.

Cheers
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Congrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by musicman1999
    Just have to share,my new Cobalt 816s have arrived,and are sitting on the floor waiting to be unpacked and set up.Good times ahead.Gotta go.

bill
    Enjoy. For a "box" speaker, JM Labs would be high on my list for consideration.

... SEND PICTURES !!!

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

Waiting...

O>K> You can't just drop in like that and not report back, bill. How are they?
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Forum Regular
    Sorry guys,been a busy weekend and did not have much time to play,until last night that is.The 816s's replaced a set of 806s's which are now pulling surround duty.Got a chance to listen last night to a wide range of music,from b.t.o.,Allamn Brothers.Warren Haynes,Elvis Costello and Allen Toussant,and Patricia Barber.First impressions are very favorable as expected,better soundstage,balance and extension and oh the midrange.This is my second complete setup of JM Labs speakers,so i am a fan and i know it takes a couple of months for them to sound their best.These are the best speakers that i have heard in their price range.I have yet to do a proper set up yet,just put them where the 806s's were,so later this week i will try some different positions but think where they are is pretty good.
    Also gave them a dvd (Pirates of the Caribbean)and i can tell you that a Cobalt home theater set up is top notch sound,strong and clear.
    Any way thats it for now,I will report back later as things move along,and maybe some pictures too.

thanks
    bill

Thread Information