• 06-11-2016, 10:58 AM
    Mr Peabody
    You may need a larger speaker, but weakness? In Dyn's?

You should be in the listening phase now. Then you'd have a bit more idea of a direction to go.
  • 06-12-2016, 08:51 AM
    harley .guy07
    I really think what I perceive as weakness in the Dyns are in fact my room. The models I have are designed for small to mid sized rooms and my room is on the large sized so most likely what I am perceiving and weakness is in fact a mismatch between speaker and room.
  • 06-16-2016, 09:24 AM
    topspeed
    Quote:

Originally Posted by harley .guy07 View Post
    I really think what I perceive as weakness in the Dyns are in fact my room. The models I have are designed for small to mid sized rooms and my room is on the large sized so most likely what I am perceiving and weakness is in fact a mismatch between speaker and room.

Been there :rolleyes5:
  • 06-20-2016, 09:28 PM
    harley .guy07
    Sorry I've been busy. I have bult weighted bases for the Dyns which have lifted them for the room and also the bases are filled with sand in order to separate the vibrations from the floor much better than just spikes so they have improved since doing that. And as you all know I built a custom sub for the bottom end which matches perfectly as I have had many friends and people I know in music hear my system that say ask me all the time what more do you want? I guess I am looking for more realism and more of a real live scale to the sound that I can turn the lights off and listen without a hint that it is a system and not performers in the room no matter if I feel like Mastadon or Miles davis or Duke Elington.