• 01-01-2009, 05:45 PM
    stevareno
    Infinity Crescendo CS 3008 speaker question
    Hello everyone and a very Happy New Year to you all.

Mine started off great, as I just had a pair of Infinity Crescendo CS3008's basically dumped into my lap. The gentleman told me that he no longer needed or wanted them. His ex-wife tried to seal the 10 inch woofers with silicone...what a mess. However, I have them hooked up to my Onkyo M-504 amp, and well...they still play. The mids and treble are exceptional. Cabinets are in good shape, but one of the grills is a little messed up...fraying and a couple of holes. He told me that he couldn't get woofers for them anymore, although I know better!

Given all of this info......anyone care to give me ideas about a fair price on these speakers. I was told to keep them for a few days, and make an offer. I have a number in my head, but thought I would run it past you folks.....cuz you guys know!!!!

Thanks for ANY input!! Web info is scarce on these!!
  • 01-01-2009, 07:57 PM
    Kevio
    Do start price negotiation with what you or other audio enthusiasts think they are worth. Set the price according to what you think he can get from Joe the plumber. He'll get next to nothing from Joe the plumber for fried speakers especially if his sales pitch is that replacement drivers are unavailable.
  • 01-09-2009, 08:44 PM
    stevareno
    I asked the man point blank what he expected to get out of them...he said 400.00 was sticking in his head. I countered with 275.00. He emailed back and LOWERED the price to 250.00 cash!! I accepted. My research says that these were high end Infinity's developed for Circuit City back when Circuit City actually sold some quality components. MSRP was 2200.00 a pair! Most sold for 1800.00 or so.