I decided

Printable View

• 12-08-2007, 09:40 AM
    SpankingVanillaice
    I decided
    I decide to keep the Altec Lansing BXR1121 since they have a sub and I think the sound is actualy much better since it can go low as 30hz plus I save alot of money and got The Sims 2 Pets to add to my Sims 2 game. The other one I had only goes 50hz which isn't really low bass. I did listen to the other Altec Lasing speakers that cost like $100 but they just have more power but the sound I think is more clean on the ones I got. The only think is mine doesn't go really loud but at low volume it sounds sooo good and clear and good punchy bass I can feel. Very natural sounding speakers. The best one I ever heard for $24.88 I got at Walmart. They are very close to my JBL S26 I use to have but I sold them long time agao.

Here's the specs for the new speakers I got.

http://www.alteclansing.com/images/s...SELL-SHEET.pdf

http://www.alteclansing.com/index.ph...iproduct_id=89
  • 12-08-2007, 10:32 AM
    jrhymeammo
    Ah hell......
    YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Do they have this logo?
    http://www.ac-energy.com/images/energy-star.jpg

hornloaded speakers usually come with above stickers. How about your Altec?

Regards,
  • 12-08-2007, 11:26 AM
    anamorphic96
    These speakers do not goto 30hz. No matter what the specs say. I thought you would have learned by now. I guess not, considering you keep taking backwards steps. The best thing you ever owned where the JBL S26's and now you own crappy computer speakers. What gives ?
  • 12-08-2007, 03:49 PM
    audio amateur
    Seriously this guy is a joke. Who is it?
    There's no way someone can be like this
  • 12-08-2007, 04:18 PM
    anamorphic96
    Judging from his past posts in the past. It seems he has some sort of mental and or learning disabilities. This is the only explanation for his posts. Along with him admitting his boyfriend has a mental problems. He has probably been sheltered his entire life by his parents due to his disabilities and his only social outlet is probably this site.
  • 12-08-2007, 06:24 PM
    JohnMichael
    Hey SVI What has been happening?
  • 12-08-2007, 07:19 PM
    Vardo
    Spanky, good to have you back...I just enjoy reading your posts, quite
    entertaining.....vardo
  • 12-09-2007, 02:00 AM
    basite
    Quote:

Originally Posted by audio amateur
    Seriously this guy is a joke. Who is it?
    There's no way someone can be like this

do a quick search, in advanced search, search for username, then type spankingvanillaice, then press go.

they can be like this :)

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
  • 12-09-2007, 12:46 PM
    Florian
    Is the purple cat still sitting under the cotton tree and resting, after having too much magic pixie snot?
  • 12-09-2007, 01:48 PM
    audio amateur
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Florian
    Is the purple cat still sitting under the cotton tree and resting, after having too much magic pixie snot?

I must say that thread was indeed absolutely helarious.
    On a side note long time no hear Florian. Still lurking eh?
  • 12-09-2007, 05:00 PM
    SpankingVanillaice
    This is great news my moms good friend ordered a M-Audio BX5a studio monitors and they normaly cost $300 pair but he got them for $225 pair on the net. These are the most expensive speakers I ever got.

Here are some specs for these cool monitors.

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_u...X5a-focus.html
  • 12-09-2007, 05:01 PM
    SpankingVanillaice
    So I will return the Altec Lansing since I won't need it anymore and I will be getting my dream speakers. When I got the S26 that was for $150 pair when I found it on the net but the M-Audio speakers aren't that cheap so the cheapest he found was $225 and I helped him find it on Yahoo Shopping.
  • 12-09-2007, 05:21 PM
    Luvin Da Blues
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpankingVanillaice
    This is great news my moms good friend ordered a M-Audio BX5a studio monitors and they normaly cost $300 pair but he got them for $225 pair on the net. These are the most expensive speakers I ever got.

Here are some specs for these cool monitors.

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_u...X5a-focus.html

Very nice SV...X-Mas came early at your house huh. I see they're studiophile grade..sweet.
  • 12-09-2007, 05:33 PM
    SpankingVanillaice
    Well it's actualy coming 7 to 10 days from now since it says it's groud shipping so it will come around X-Mas.
  • 12-09-2007, 06:42 PM
    Vardo
    Nice studio monitors.......but only gonna go down to 56HZ?
    Gonna need a sub........link:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=300-631

Best of luck......vardo
  • 12-09-2007, 07:06 PM
    johnny p
    Sweetest setup I ever had was when I got a nice deal on a truckload of
    Sony MDR-E828LP Fontopia Earbuds, I'll tell you what.... a little creative wiring, and 3,520 pairs (that's 7,040 speakers) of earbuds pasted around the walls creates the ultimate surround experience...... to top it off I ran TEN (10) homemade passive subwoofers by removing the speakers from a wholesale lot of REALISTIC brand Alarm clocks...... around 7:30 every morning my system was SLAMMING......

sorry..... just the quick search I did from the old posts inspired this non-sensical rambling.
  • 12-09-2007, 09:16 PM
    Vardo
    johnny, I think your post is one of the best I've ever read.........really,
    very educational....just, great stuff...vardo
  • 12-10-2007, 12:37 AM
    anamorphic96
    Nice one SVI. Now your moving forward. Hope you enjoy the speakers.
  • 12-10-2007, 06:43 AM
    GMichael
    Hey Spanky,

Glad you like them. What kind of music are you playing?
  • 12-10-2007, 07:44 AM
    SpankingVanillaice
    I have been listening to those bass tester music since I like the bass alot and I have been listening to hip hop and pop hits lately. I do listen to allkinds of music like Remember from Disturbed and a band called YES and some Jazz like Chick Corea and Rick Wakeman and more.
  • 12-10-2007, 08:12 AM
    Luvin Da Blues
    Quote:

I have been listening to those bass tester music since I like the bass alot and I have been listening to hip hop and pop hits lately. I do listen to allkinds of music like Remember from Disturbed and a band called YES and some Jazz like Chick Corea and Rick Wakeman and more.

Rick Wakemans great..what albums have you listened to? :cornut:
  • 12-10-2007, 08:50 AM
    SpankingVanillaice
    Well my fav one from Rick Wakeman is the CD called The Masters Rick Wakeman It has two CDs and has songs like Dance of the elves, Return of the prophet, Three Wives etc. It's a special edition 2 CD collectors gold.
  • 12-10-2007, 08:54 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

I like that band called YES. Chick Corea's not so bad either. Good choices there.
  • 12-10-2007, 09:33 AM
    topspeed
    Yes is one of the great prog rock bands of all time. Stellar musicianship and layers upon layers of tracks. Great music for great speakers. If you like them, you'd probably like Asia as well. They are like a pop version of Yes, not as challenging but perhaps a bit more melodic with more pop-friendly hooks. Give 'em a listen.

Congrats on your new speakers, Spanky. Enjoy them.
  • 12-10-2007, 01:58 PM
    SpankingVanillaice
    I found a dealer that sells the BX5a and yes the highs are clear but I do have to say that the cheap Altec Lansing speakers aren't really that bad compaired to them I acutaly think I hear more low end on the Altec Lansing speakers since it has a sub. Yes the overall is more clear sound on the BX5a but I mean for $24.88 on Walmart for the Altec Lansing they sound great and very clear. So the Altec Lansing BXR1121 isn't bad speakers as you say they are meaing just because they are cheap doesn't mean they are bad. They don't go loud as the M-Audio ones but I was still impressed that the Altec Lansing sound good too.