Is this high definition speakers

Anybody out there with a thick wallet check these speakers out. Is this whats seperates the man from the boys?Florian your always talking about $$$$. They look great but the $$ way out of my league www.wisdomaudio.com

Bohlender drivers

Quote Originally Posted by PAT.P
    Anybody out there with a thick wallet check these speakers out. Is this whats seperates the man from the boys?Florian your always talking about $$$$. They look great but the $$ way out of my league www.wisdomaudio.com
    I gather the Wisdom speakers use Bohlender-Graebener planar drivers or at least drivers designed by Bohlender.

The B-G drivers have a good reputation. Note that you can buy them as raw units --
    http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage....Page_ID=135#rd

Someday I would like to do a DIY project utilizing either B-G or Newform Research planar drivers.

These are the same drivers that Genesis uses. If you would like a review of the mighty Infinity IRS or Genesis compared to the Apogee DIVA, i can post one here. The BG drivers are very good, but just as old as Apogee. And when you believe the garbage many write here about Apogee, than you wont like these ;-)

-Flo
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Thread Information