• 03-10-2005, 12:59 PM
    MCF
    Help with Center Channel Mount...
    Finally got my first house and setting up my first HT system. I am looking for a way to mouunt my Klipsch RC-25 (9" deep x 6.5" tall x 20" wide) on/in my front wall where my plasma tv is going to hang. I have thought about recessing it in the wall above the fireplace, but the speaker is wider than the studs in the wall (about 16" apart). My fireplace does not have a mantel shelf so I can't sit it on that....what other options are available that won't look god awful and draw everyones attention to the center channel??
  • 03-10-2005, 06:54 PM
    paul_pci
    If you punch a 10" hole iin the wall 90 degrees left of the tv, that will direct attention away from the monstrosity of the center channel. Failing that, I'd say, go to an arts&crafts shop, buy an acceptable looking shelf (doesn't even have to be the whole 20" wide) to mount on those studs either below or above the monitor. I believe, below might be the preferred avenue, depending on how much higher than the main speakers, placing the center channel above the monitor would be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCF
    Finally got my first house and setting up my first HT system. I am looking for a way to mouunt my Klipsch RC-25 (9" deep x 6.5" tall x 20" wide) on/in my front wall where my plasma tv is going to hang. I have thought about recessing it in the wall above the fireplace, but the speaker is wider than the studs in the wall (about 16" apart). My fireplace does not have a mantel shelf so I can't sit it on that....what other options are available that won't look god awful and draw everyones attention to the center channel??