• 05-25-2006, 11:18 AM
    ChrisY
    Has anyone listened the Klipsch Synergy line and what do you think of them?
    I've only seen and heard them at best buy and wasnt able to audition them properly due to the circumstances.Has anyone been able to give them a good listen to and what do you think of them?
  • 05-25-2006, 03:26 PM
    twheats1
    Not being able to audition the Synergy line is what forced me to find a Klipsch Reference line dealer. Thank you Best Buy!!! :)
  • 06-01-2006, 07:03 PM
    lataf
    I had SF-2's and whatever the matching center was before selling them for my Paradigm Monitor 7's. The SF-2's had almost no mid's and the highs were horrible... - if you can find used Paradigm monitors, go with those :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisY
    I've only seen and heard them at best buy and wasnt able to audition them properly due to the circumstances.Has anyone been able to give them a good listen to and what do you think of them?

• 06-08-2006, 05:10 PM
    Vercus
    I took in a set of Klipsch Synergy speakers, including the SF-2s, and was not impressed. They were hard sounding in the highs, and had a really funky sounding midrange that I couldn't get around. I would second the nod towards Paradigms, or any other high end speaker for that matter.

-Jon
  • 06-10-2006, 07:27 AM
    royphil345
    Have to agree. Heard a "hole" in the midrange... or at least some sort of timing / timbre problem between the woofer and horn. JBL are actually my favorite Best Buy speaker now. Not bright like the Studio Series was, or muddy like the old Northridge sounded. Not too bad. Would shop elsewhere of course!!!
  • 06-10-2006, 10:05 PM
    RGA
    If you look around yo may actually be able to get the Reference line for about the same price -- In BC they had some good deals on the Reference series. For the price of the Synergy you may also want to try Energy and Athena (which are made by the same parent company). The Reference line is indeed good budget stuff. The Synergy line I had some issues with.

The question though is will you -- don;t base your decision on what others think. Others might think Paris Hilton is hot while I would rather spend the night alone at the Hilton.
  • 06-11-2006, 12:04 PM
    s dog
    Synergy line
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisY

I have the synergy line all the way around my HT system, sb-3s for mains, cs-3 for center ss1s for side and back surrounds, I just love them for movies, easy to drive loud, BUT as far as music goes not very good at all. I use my main system for 95% movies. so if your going to listen to alot of music i would look at something eles.
  • 06-11-2006, 10:05 PM
    teledynepost
    The bookshelves sounded decent, don't like the floorstanders; I work at BestBuy. Go with Reference or Athena as someone already mentioned.
  • 06-12-2006, 11:29 AM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    As a person that has heard the Reference line from top to bottom (putting together a hometheater for a friend), I can say the newer Reference models sound better than the previous ones. For hometheater that are as good or better than any of the speakers forementioned in this thread.

Where the problem lies musically speaking comes from the fact that the horn technology in the klipsch speakers makes their sound more focused, with less bloom in the room that most musically minded folks like. Most folks prefer the extraneous reflections that the wide dispersion cones and domes introduce into the rooml. As a lover of horn loaded speakers, the synergy lines sucked to me in every way. The reference line is head shoulders and head above that line. They are easy speakers to drive (a 35 watt amp will do just fine in small to medium sized rooms), the new line has better drivers, and a tad more engineering invested in them than the last incarnation of the reference series.

My advice is to listen to all that is mention, then make your choice if you can do it
  • 06-12-2006, 12:11 PM
    har_d_har
    I have Klipsch Synergy for front and surrounds, and a Klipsch reference center. I have had all of them for about 5-6 years now, and they have always sounded great. No, of course they don't sound as good as the reference series, but they are also only about a third of the cost. I have a modest system, with a Denon AVR-2800 HT receiver (also 5-6 years old), and recently added an Acoustech H-100 subwoofer to round out the package. For the money, it is a great system...it sounds like a movie theater throughout the whole house when it's turned up. Sure, I have heard fantastic sounding bookshelf speakers like Boston and B&W and would love to have them. I would also like to have $800 each to spend on them too. (All that being said, my Klipsch's are the old KB 3.1 and 2.1 series, and maybe they sound better or differrent from the current models. If so, I will humbly concede the point.)