Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    THC no THD!

Something to think about...

Take a look at Infinity's Primus line of tower speakers, available at Circuit City and many other places including online, but I have their Alpha 50's for fronts and backs and they are awesome, and I found them on closeout at CC for $179.00 each, got lucky though.

And for the receiver, take a look at Harman/Kardon, also available at CC, starting at about $300 to $400 depending on if they have them on sale or not, which is often. Anyhoo, I have a Harman/Kardon/Infinity system and could not be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by J*E*Cole
    Take a look at Infinity's Primus line of tower speakers, available at Circuit City and many other places including online, but I have their Alpha 50's for fronts and backs and they are awesome, and I found them on closeout at CC for $179.00 each, got lucky though.

And for the receiver, take a look at Harman/Kardon, also available at CC, starting at about $300 to $400 depending on if they have them on sale or not, which is often. Anyhoo, I have a Harman/Kardon/Infinity system and could not be happier.
    The Infinity's Primus do offer a good value for the money. I enjoy mine.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Forum Regular
    Ive looked at the PRIMUS 360's and people say there week on the lowend and will need a sub for deap bass whitch i want but dont have the money for a sub right now so that would be a bit of a sacriface. Looks like i might be able to get them for 300ish for a pair, Whitch is the same as those mtx's i know from reading that the mtx's will have more bass and go louder w/o distorting. Also i seen in a review or two that the 360's dont handle metal/hard rock vary well... Whitch would suck becuse thats just about all i listen to.

...So many options :-(

Forum Regular
    Scratch that 300 figure

Quote Originally Posted by Whatever6750
    Ive looked at the PRIMUS 360's and people say there week on the lowend and will need a sub for deap bass whitch i want but dont have the money for a sub right now so that would be a bit of a sacriface. Looks like i might be able to get them for 300ish for a pair, Whitch is the same as those mtx's i know from reading that the mtx's will have more bass and go louder w/o distorting. Also i seen in a review or two that the 360's dont handle metal/hard rock vary well... Whitch would suck becuse thats just about all i listen to.

...So many options :-(
    The Infinity's have no trouble with hard rock at all. But the base is not going to blow you away. They only have a couple of 6 1/2 inchers. I do have a fair sub so it works out for me.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Forum Regular
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-Infinity-P...QQcmdZViewItem

Think i should try and get them? What would be the max you would pay for them?
    Im just a bit reluctant to go for them becuse i would most likely want a sub witch i dont have the money for and thay some people have said there not so good with handleing harder rock/metal.

The Athena AS-F2.1 is version one - it is the AS-F1. The version one is probably the speaker that I would buy if I only had $300-400 for speakers, it is the stereophile recommended. Stereophile review: [/url]http://stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/645/

Version 2 just came out, hence now saying .1 and .2 see link below.

[url]http://www.athenaspeakers.com/model-AS-F2-2-specs.htm
    Dynaudio Audience 60
    Audio Refinement Complete Integrated
    Sony DVP-NC685V CD/SACD/DVD
    Audioquest Viper Interconnect
    14AWG OFC Speaker cable

"hey dreaming it up accounts for half the fun - and time"

Forum Regular
    http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speak...1_1594crx.aspx

Seams thay Might be a bit cheaply built. And just barly out of my price range. I would have like 300 or so after a receiver for speakers and cant rilly find any for 300 and eavn if there is shipping puts it over.

I just got a conferm on the AAL212's for 300 SHIPPED thease things are like 200lb each sooo imo thats pritty good.

Here are a few more to choose from.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/ca...&CategoryID=38

Forum Regular
    Those Fluance's are still 300 plus shipping. Shipping is probly 60 or so.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/pr...lack%2C+Single
    Hmmm That have Super-Saver Free Shipping or FedEx Ground

Those Fluance's are still 300 plus shipping. Shipping is probly 60 or so.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/pr...lack%2C+Single
    Hmmm That have Super-Saver Free Shipping or FedEx Ground
    You did notice that this price is for 1 speaker? Not a pair.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    You did notice that this price is for 1 speaker? Not a pair.
    Yeah just noticed that... How are those Wharfedale's?

Forum Regular
    Cant find much info on the Diamond 8.3's

Forum Regular

www.audioshop.on.ca

These guys are in CDN$ and always have a great Energy Blem sale in Dec every year,
    the blems are barely visible and only cosmetic, you save big $$$$$$.
    I have bought all my speakers from them,amazing.

Im in need of some good speakers for mostly music. probly like 95$ or so music. So im thinking just 2.1. Right now i have about $500 might be able to spend some more than that if i wait a week or so.

Thease will need to be able to play music at pritty loud levels for some weekends So maybe something allong the lines of cerwin vega? From what ive herd there not to accrate and more for partys. Alot of the time i would just be playing music while at the computer at regular levels/not vary loud so maybe the vegas wouldent be so good for that? I do want good sounding music not just loud rattle the windows loud. I was looking at some MTX ALL212s thay look nice cant find much info on them. Any help would be greatly apreasheated. Thanks!

PS. I also need to get a receiver with the 500or so.

Forum Regular
    Do you know if thay ship to the us? Thay have decent shipping costs?

Forum Regular
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Imput fast please..... What would be a good price?

Forum Regular
    They would definately ship to you, take a look at the website.

Forum Regular
    What about some bic dv62si's and a dayton 12" sub? would only be about 250ish. I would be able to get the sub from partsexspress local also.

Forum Regular
    Athena is a great choice for cheaply priced speakers. They make two floor models, one with 2 8" woofers and one with only one. I bought the one with the single, and thanks to the incompotence at futureshop, took them back and bought the misspriced dual's for 349cnd when they were regular 799. Ah gotta love those part-time workers.

Dustin Broke is hot!!! SpankingVanillaice's Avatar

Wink

I really think my Edirol MA-10D monitors are the best for listening to music for the price since they are not expensive and the freq response is from 45hz to 35Khz and they are very flat response only -2db. I got mine for only $133.25 pair.

Edirol MA-10D

Well I don't think he's looking for cheap computer speakers, so those 10 watt powered Edirols would be a poor choice. Those $99 Athenas will leave those things in the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by SpankingVanillaice
    I really think my Edirol MA-10D monitors are the best for listening to music for the price since they are not expensive and the freq response is from 45hz to 35Khz and they are very flat response only -2db. I got mine for only $133.25 pair.

Edirol MA-10D

But I can say other speakers don't have digital connections like Optic-Fiber or Coaxial. Only the Edirol monitors like the MA-10D does. Plus these are active monitors for studio recording.

MA-10Ds are compac bi-amplified studio reference monitors supplied with both analog and digital inputs with high resolution 24-bit/96kHz D/A converters. *Active 2 way monitor speakers with 20 Watts total power. *Coaxial and Optical S/PDIF Inputs. *RCA and 1/8" Stereo Mini Inputs. *Headphone jack *Frequency Response 45Hz - 35kHz +0/-2db

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information