Forum Regular

Reasonably Priced Sub. Any Suggestions?

I am buying the Mirage Omnisat v2 system for my room. Looking for a good sub in the 500-600 range. Any ideas?

Forum Regular
    One from HSU, SVS, or AV123 (Rocket) should work well. I would even look at used subs at audiogon.com. Be sure to look at the reviews. Check some of the specialty audio stores in your area for a higher quality sub than what may be available at Best Buy or Sears.

Forum Regular
    Yea, in your price range you can pick up good subs from big box stores and get extended unlimited warranties which will let you blow it up several times in the course of it's life and have it replaced for free. Or you could look into the 12" dayton DIY sub from partsexpress.com, easily the best performance in it's price range.

Polkyphil38
    fish I used to own a Paradigm PS1000 v.4 10" sub and it was just awesome. Very tight and controlled yet could really rock the house if you wanted it too. The sub also handled transients very well while maintaining excellent sound quality. It was great for both HT and music listening and is in your price range. You may also wanna check out the likes of SVS, Hsu research, and Outlaw Audio which seem to garner a lot of attention. Good luck in your descision.
    REMEMBER "THE ABSOLUTE BEST SPEAKER(S) IS THE ONE THAT SOUNDS BEST TO YOU." ONLY YOU KNOW WHAT YOU LIKE AND WHAT YOU PREFER. IT REALLY IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT. HAPPY HUNTING!!!!

I like all of Bryan's suggestions. All of those subs would be good choices in your range. My father loves his UFW-10 sub I bought him from av123.com .

I think it will depend on your goals... For music, I would go with the UFW-10 (it is smaller, but more musical than the others)... For HT, Hsu and SVS in particular are the clear winners, IMO (as they can crank out major SPLs for this price range). I should also mention that all of the mentioned subs do both music and HT well... I just feel that some do cetain things better than others.

---Dave
    Integra DHC-40.2 Pre/Pro
    Coda 2 X 200 Watt Amp
    Rotel RB-985 5 X 100 Watt Amp
    2 Tyler Acoustics 2 Piece Linbrook Signature System
    1 Tyler Linbrook Signature Center Channel
    3 Tyler Taylo Reference Monitors
    1 ACI Titan II Sub
    Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD
    Panasonic BDT-210 + 350 Blu-ray
    Consonance Droplet CDP-5.0
    Sony 55NX-810 1080p 3D-LED HDTV

Office:
    Opera Audio Consonance CD-120
    Jolida 1301A 2 X 30 Watt Int. Amp (Sovtek Tubes)
    Opera Audio Consonance Eric-1 Speakers

Thread Information