Forum Regular

Fluance can-o-worms

Have any of the Fluance Speaker critics actually listened to their products or examined the construction or component quality? I recently purchased a pair of the AV-BP2 surrounds. Figured it was worth a $100.00 gamble. I honestly did not expect much from them but have been plesantly surprised. Addmittedly I am not the most discriminating listener but I find them to be a fine value. Maybe I have not heard enough quality speaker to know the difference. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, cubdog

What feedback do you want?

Sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder the way you are asking for feedback.

You bought 'em and you like 'em. I'm glad.

Granted, most of us don't expect much for $100 but when a bargain happens, that's reason to celebrate. Expectations become more exacting the more one spends.

Others HAVE heard 'em, maybe not that model; for that price, and their opinions differed from yours. Simple as that.

Forum Regular
    Hey cubdog - glad you like them. I recently heard another on-line speaker only brand that gets mostly nothing but positive reviews. Easily, these were by far the WORST speakers I had ever heard in my LIFE!! I'm not exagerating either. Makes me go hmmmmmm. My guess is the Fluance people don't put a lot of time or effort in promoting their speakers on line (like paying people to post good things about them). You took a chance and were happy, I took a chance on yet another line of on-line speakers, and am estatic! And you know what, you don't hear a lof things (good or bad) about the speakers I chose either.

Speaker are very subjective, and I have read more positives than negative about Fluance. It's just that I don't see them mentioned very often (hmmmmmmm). If you like them, and they offer a full money back guarantee, then maybe you should get even more expensive speakers from them (if you want a complete upgrade). You never know, you may have found the next REAL internet gem out there.

Congrats on your find!!!!

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cubdog
    Have any of the Fluance Speaker critics actually listened to their products or examined the construction or component quality? I recently purchased a pair of the AV-BP2 surrounds. Figured it was worth a $100.00 gamble. I honestly did not expect much from them but have been plesantly surprised. Addmittedly I am not the most discriminating listener but I find them to be a fine value. Maybe I have not heard enough quality speaker to know the difference. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, cubdog
    I have never heard the fluance but I have a similiar situation as yours.You can get away with a different brand of speakers as surrounds. Not the best alternative but certainly not a bad alternative. Mutli channel may not be the best but it certainly is better than no surrounds at all! Not much goes on back there to make it a critical difference if tonality is somewhat different. Just my two cents although many may disagree.

The matching surrounds for my front 3 would not work in my family room according to my significant other.

Unhappy Well I heard em and I didn't like em...

Friend here at work bought one of their HT packages without consulting me or anyone else with a little knowledge. He got em off ebay. Thought he'd done something smart. I paired his system down to just the mains and then did a side by side with a 20 plus year old set of Epicure 15's. Superior mids and clarity, superb articulation from that inverted dome tweet. His mains sounded just this side of a set of bose cubes. So I heard, didn't like em, don't like em. I don't go out of my way to bash them but if someone asks I tell them.

Da Worfster

Thread Information