Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Well if you would ask me as to why i changed ribbons instead of making stupid asumtions than you would be a lot smarter than you are today. As a tip. There are more than one type of ribbon ;-)
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Quote Originally Posted by Florian
    Well if you would ask me as to why i changed ribbons instead of making stupid asumtions than you would be a lot smarter than you are today. As a tip. There are more than one type of ribbon ;-)
    If your Apogee's are "world reference" speakers from the factory, why change them?

Make sure you look behind you before you start backpedalling.

My people skills are generally very good exept 2 people so far. If he stops ever mentioning planars then i will stop about his box. I recommend a word stop about planars for RGA and a AudioNote stop for me.

-Flo
    Best way to stop the box and planars problem is they should have a thread only for these speaker title ESL,Planars,Alternative speaker like this it would be better for all of us .The ones that have knowledge could share their input.As for Florian none of us have a cartoon offending your speakers like you have insulting boxes.This is getting so childish .

HAHAH, i have offended all boxes. Funny how blind some people are. I always name my fav. box speakers. Thiel CS3.6, Genesis V, Avalon Eidolon Diamond and the Kharma 3.2fe, Infinity Epsilon, Infinity IRS 4.5 and IRS 5.....but you guys dont even read my threads as noted above.

To Topspeed: Because there is no limit, lighter drive units and a stronger magnetic field alow me to use tubes in my system and push the envelope further.

-Flo

PS: Its a good idea to make a dedicated section.

HAHAH, i have offended all boxes. Funny how blind some people are. I always name my fav. box speakers. Thiel CS3.6, Genesis V, Avalon Eidolon Diamond and the Kharma 3.2fe, Infinity Epsilon, Infinity IRS 4.5 and IRS 5.....but you guys dont even read my threads as noted above.

To Topspeed: Because there is no limit, lighter drive units and a stronger magnetic field alow me to use tubes in my system and push the envelope further.

-Flo

I don't feel offended. But I do keep bumping into things.

Sorry I can't join in on the argument. (I like both boxes and planners) But this is the only thread with any action.

Where the heck is everyone?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Also i OWN 3 boxes. One VMPS RM30 (6500$ fully loaded) and a 2700$ VMPS 626 fully loaded and a Focal JmLab SW900 subwoofer. Also own .5's Maggies and the DIVAS. But sure, i hate all the boxes. The difference is, i own them and know what they can and cant do and write about it, not some 10 minute listening session.

-Flo

-Flo

Flo I was talking about the cartoon.I also read your treads and yes they should have a dedicated section .On the diyAudio forum its seperated from the loodspeakers and benefit all of us .There the people with their knowledge share them with others that want to learn.

Also i OWN 3 boxes. One VMPS RM30 (6500$ fully loaded) and a 2700$ VMPS 626 fully loaded and a Focal JmLab SW900 subwoofer. Also own .5's Maggies and the DIVAS. But sure, i hate all the boxes. The difference is, i own them and know what they can and cant do and write about it, not some 10 minute listening session.

-Flo
    You still have lots to learn go to www.diyaudio.com and these are people that could show you a thing or two.These are people with knowledge from inside and out.

Well i find the cartoon funny, and everyone keeps telling me to stay cool and not to react so i dont see a problem with the cartoon. Let me make a statment right now.

There are many box speakers i do like!
    There are planars i dont like, and some i like!

I just dont agree that some members keep bashing them and generalize them. I have
    always say what i dont like about a specific box. But to lie about frequency responses and reliablity is just wrong.

-Flo

PS: Can we please have a section for us planar owners? There are quite a few on here.

Quote Originally Posted by PAT.P
    You still have lots to learn go to www.diyaudio.com and these are people that could show you a thing or two.These are people with knowledge from inside and out.
    I am there, i am also in the Apogee Club and the Audiocircle. I have many friends with top world equipment and i learn everyday, but there are quite a few on here that can learn from me too!

-Flo

I am there, i am also in the Apogee Club and the Audiocircle. I have many friends with top world equipment and i learn everyday, but there are quite a few on here that can learn from me too!

-Flo
    Learning and the will to learn,but mostly to enjoy ourself at the same time.

And thats no problem but this wont ever happen when people generalize on a technology that exists in dozens of products. Such as Soundlabs, Quad, Apogee, Magnepan, Innersound, Eminent Technology, Genesis, Dali etc...

-Flo

PS: I am open for all and only speak on speakers that i personally heard for more than 30 minutes at a show. But i ask that members dont post false frequency response posts and quality claims.

Why should i take the blame? RGA postes a false statment and i have to write tons of post that obviously prove him wrong and now i should take the blame for it.

-Flo
    And RGA has since deleted it, it's time that you give it a rest. Trying to continually repost items that he's already edited and withdrawn reflects a character flaw on your part since you're the one who's now doing nothing but perpetuating an argument that RGA has already walked away from. If you're trying to look like a dumba$$ who gets off on winning arguments with himself, keep it up bro, you're doing a GREAT job.

The immaturity and blind self-righteousness that you continually display on this forum seems to reach new lows every time you get on one of these tirades. No one gives a crap that you've done all of this listening and bought all of these speakers when the attitude that you continually display is so piss poor. You've got to show respect to get respect, and since it's clear that you've got none to give, that ought to answer your query as to why you're getting crapped on by everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    Is Apogee still in business?
    Yes they are, but they're in an entirely different line of business now. They quit making loudspeakers about a decade ago, and now focus on digital amplification chips. Their chips are the primary components in high end digital amps such as the Bel Cantos.

http://www.apogeeddx.com

Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    Yes they are, but they're in an entirely different line of business now. They quit making loudspeakers about a decade ago, and now focus on digital amplification chips. Their chips are the primary components in high end digital amps such as the Bel Cantos.

http://www.apogeeddx.com
    Are you sure that's the same company? If so, talk about taking an wildly different path. Sure, it's still audio, but still...

BTW, not to be a nitpicky ninny here, but I'm pretty sure Bel Canto uses the Tripath chip, itself a variation of TI's design. ICEpower by B&O is the other major player.

Are you sure that's the same company? If so, talk about taking an wildly different path. Sure, it's still audio, but still...
    Definitely the same company. Their website mentions their history with ribbon panel speaker manufacturing.

Several other companies out there also use the Apogee name, one of which makes pro audio mixers and another used to make PC games (pioneered first-person shooter games like Duke Nukem and Wolfenstein 3D).

BTW, not to be a nitpicky ninny here, but I'm pretty sure Bel Canto uses the Tripath chip, itself a variation of TI's design. ICEpower by B&O is the other major player.
    No prob, your info's probably a lot more current than mine. It's been at least four years since I last looked up this information, so things could have changed a lot in the meantime. Apogee looks like it's still a player in the digital amplification market, but I don't know for sure who currently uses their chips.

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    Apogee looks like it's still a player in the digital amplification market, but I don't know for sure who currently uses their chips.
    I think Florian has had a few of these chips installed somewhere on his person.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

You all dont know the facts :-)
    The President of Apogee died and the company got bought from ADS which found that Apogee was not financially viable. One of the designers (Leo Spiegel) turned to a different field. Thats the truth!

-Flo

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

Brand new thread in the Steel Cage for you guys

Please take it over there.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information