AR Newbie Registered Member

What to buy for NAD?

Hi!
    I have a question:
    I have the system that includes NAD c-320BEE amp, NAD c-521BEE cd and Marantz st6000 tuner. I am looking for appropriate speakers (bookshelves). My room is above 12m2(3x4m). I revolved between B&W DM303, Monitor Audio Bronze2 and Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo One. I'm mostly listen hard rock, blues and classical music. I need the advice.
    Please, help me!!!
    Belgrade, Serbia
    MILOS

Forum Regular
    Hi Milos,

Your choices are all pretty good speakers. I have heard the EVO 1 and DM303 and frankly I would choose the EVO 1 for a couple reasons. I think they sound better (better bass and sound good with all types of music) and they look better (to me) for the same price. If the price difference is no problem, however, I would give the B2 a real good listen because they get excellent reviews in the UK and USA mags and also here on AR. Unfortunately, I don't have a local dealer who stocks the B2 so I haven't heard them. Go and audition all three with your own music and let your own impressions guide you. I think all three speakers will go well with your NAD/Marantz electronics and do a good job in your room. Good luck!

Can a crooner get a gig? dean_martin's Avatar
    I have the Acoustic Energy Aegis Ones - model preceeding EVO 1 - which sound great with my NAD C340 integrated (50wpc). They actually sound better w/ the NAD than the speakers I normally use with it - NHT SuperOnes. Haven't heard your other choices, but my impression is that British electronics and British speakers usually mate well.

I am not sure how much they cost at the moment, probably $350-450 a pair, but I highly recommend an audtion of the Energy C3. Very very nice speaker for the money, definately worth an audition if possible. I was not impressed with Monitor Audio Silver floorstanders when I audtioned, but very impressed with the Energy C series speakers, including the C3. Also worth mentioning is Kef, very nice sound. Enjoy and try as many as possible!

Forum Regular
    Check out the new polks...lsi7's,and 9's...they really sound sweet,they are 4 ohms

Thread Information