AR Newbie Registered Member

Dynaudio Contour 3.0 versus Mission 753

Hello,

I have a pair of Missions 753 connected to a Nad C370 & Nad C272 (bi-amping). Herefore i only had the C370 and with the addition of the C272 i got more bass, depth and better soundimage. The advantage of the Missions is that i can put them almost against the wall (± 10 cm).
    Now i have the oppurtunity to buy a pair of Dynadio Copntour 3.0, but i'm not familar with them and how they sound with the Nad-combo, has anyone experiences with this combination. Also i won.t be able to bi-amp them which means less power, unless i bridege both amps, but i'm not sure this will work because the power (watts) aren't the same.
    I some of you have recommendations i'd love to hear them.

Thanks.

Rones

Suspended
    As much as I love Dynaudio I believe the 3.0 might be too much speaker, or a better way to say it, too demanding, for your current set up. Dyn's ingeneral love some current to sound their best and the higher the series the more current it takes. Here's a review from Stereophile, notice the reviewer went from a sturdy Bryston to larger Bryston monoblocks. If you were getting a good deal and willing to upgrade your amp some day buying the 3.0 might be a good step though. http://www.stereophile.com/floorloud...37/index1.html

With NAD you'd be better off with an Audience or Excite series.

good input mr peabody I think you have a point. I have seen people run even the smaller bookshelf dynaudio speakers with 200 watt per channel amps or more and they seem to soak it up like a towel which to me is a sign that the drivers are built for tonal quality and dynamics. If it were my choice I would go with the dyns but a future amp upgrade would be almost necessary for the best out of them. Going with a lower series would probably be better like was said unless you plan on amping up sometime in the future.

Marantz SR5008(HT)
    Nu Force P8 Preamp (2 channel)
    Pass Labs X150.5(2 channel)
    Adcom 545 mk2 power amp(rear channel amp)
    Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S Mains Speakers
    Dayton 8" HO custom sealed subwoofer(2 channel)
    Yamaha NS-c444 center channel
    Emotiva ERD-1 surround speakers
    JBL e250p subwoofer highly modified
    Samsung 46" LED TV
    OPPO BDP-83 blue ray/multi format player
    ps-audio NuWave dac (2 channel)
    Dell I660 music server running fidelizer windows 8 audio optimizer
    PS Audio Quintet power center

AR Newbie Registered Member
    thanks for the response. Problem is that tha Nad's have enough power to drive the Missions, but the Dyns like you and mr peabody stated will need more power. I'll seen if i can have a listen, because i can buy them for € 1250,- a pair. An other option, before buying highend ampliefiers might be teh addition of another poweramplifier connected to the C370.

Suspended
    That looks to be just over $1603.00 USD which is a steal for a pair of Contour 3.0. I'd buy them for that if I had to sit them in a corner until I got a bigger amp, and build from there. They are awesome speakers.

Thread Information