Martin Logans Speakers

Does anyone know anything about the Martin Logan Mosaic Speakers? How do they do in two channel? Are they any good?

frenchmon
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Forum Regular
    It's a love/hate sound, don't buy without auditioning.

I gather that you've heard that particular speaker then? Just wondering. Saw a pair for sale but can't go listen. Thanks anyways.

frenchmon
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Suspended
    Unfortunately, I never got to give those a close listen. I don't think they were accepted very well, don't know if it was due to sound. There's a Stereophile review fwiw. The last retail price before discontinuing was $1795.00 a pair.

Personally, if I was going ML I'd get a stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    Unfortunately, I never got to give those a close listen. I don't think they were accepted very well, don't know if it was due to sound. There's a Stereophile review fwiw. The last retail price before discontinuing was $1795.00 a pair.

Personally, if I was going ML I'd get a stat.
    Ditto that.

However, as I understand, the Mosaic does use the Bohlender Graebener Neo3 planar tweeter, (which SEE).

This is very nice tweeter that I used myself in my DIY center channel. It is smooth and detailed. One difference with ML is that they use in in dipolar mode whereas I use it with the "back cup" as a monopole. According to some reports it is better either as a dipole or with the supplied back cup removed and custom baffling used. See my DIY ...

Wow, v. nice speaker Feanor! What kind of woofer is that?

Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    Wow, v. nice speaker Feanor! What kind of woofer is that?
    The woofer is a Vifa MG18WK09-04, 6.5", now discontinued ... see here

Charm Thai™
    I agree with the majority here...if you're gonna go ML it doesn't make much sense not to get an electrostat. When it comes to ML's i have always thought go big or go home. I was not all that impressed with the Aerius i's because i thought the woofer could have meshed with panel better. It wasn't until i heard the bigger SL3's and Prodigy's that I realized what a large stat could really do. I came soooooo close to pulling the trigger years ago and buying a pair.

Suspended
    Yeah, I think the Aeries maybe were made to meet a price point but the woofer wasn't much help. It rolled off sharply. It would be an inexpensive used speaker and with a sub would work very well. The panels sounded fine..

IMO the problem with the smaller ML hybrids is a crossover point that's too high. There is an integration problem because of the differing dispersion patterns of the different driver types. With most "stats" any thing over 100Hz for a crossover point is too high.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Thread Information