First Listen, Then Learn misterq4u's Avatar

DefTech Pro 100 enter channel

Just wanted to share that is probably the best center channel for movies that I have auditioned to date.
    The dialog is as crisp as the mics used for the film were. Extremely clear without degradation and minimal coloration and able to go the distance, I ran it for 3 movies straight.
    On the music department, it does a excellent job, although it is not the best performer compared to a KEF (Size perhaps?).
    I was impressed by it when I watched the entire House of the Flying Daggers using it standalone. For the most part, it reproduced the broadest freq. range, very impressive, I would say that it did deliver a believeable 55Hz.

That is all.
    Next, the Mithos.
    Our ears speak to our brain...

...Me

So what all did you compare it to, and was it done on the same system in the same store?

First Listen, Then Learn misterq4u's Avatar

No store demos

We compared it to the BA CRC7 and the Polka CS1.
    I believe that in the under $200 class, is the best performer. Paid $161.00 bucks for it.
    Two rooms, two systems did a switcharoo between movies/systems. 4 of us agreed that it was the winner for this session.
    The Polk came second only because it lacked depth and it strained the highs after two movies.
    The BA was way too bright period.
    Our ears speak to our brain...

...Me

Thread Information