I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar

Craiglist find????

anyone familiar with these speakers????

Dynamic Audio Pro-poly series 1901.

They are available on local Craigslist

Audio/HT Nut version 1.3a
    Never heard of that brand. Might be fishy. Watch out for phony white van speakers, lots of which are sold online.

Check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_van_speakers

RR6

AR Newbie Registered Member

Roadrunners remarks need to be echoed!!

I have a real-life example of white-van speakers. My ex-girlfriend called me to tell me about these speakers she had already bought. I went to check them out and they were two tower speakers that she connected to an all-in-one reciever with a build in sub that she had bought from the same people. I think the speakers were called Genesis and as I sat there listening, I said "How much did you pay for these?" Sadly, it was around $1k for everything. I went home and googled the brand and the first thing that came up was white-van stuff; way deep into the search was the Genesis brand from the 80's that made fantastic speakers. Hers were clearly not the latter. I printed out a bunch of stuff and dropped it off to her. She felt horrible, but just kinda shrugged it off. I wanted her to put me in touch with the guy who sold them to her-coincidentally on craigslist. She wouldn't.

She really wanted to impress me because she used to love listening to records on the best speakers I had at the time, a set of mid-end powered studio monitors, and really began to appreciate good sound. I still feel bad for her but it goes to show that you need to really research things before you buy; and I guess that's why we're all on here.

A week after that I was filling gas and these 3 kids around 21 yrs old pulled up in a nice pick-up truck with a bunch of electronics boxes in the back. They were very energetic "Hey, we just got done with a home theatre install job and we have a bunch of stuff unaccounted for here that we'll sell you for really cheep, it's great stuff, here see for yourself" and opened up a magazine with rave reviews of the stuff in the back. I said some very colorful things, very loudly to them. They got scared and ripped away very quickly.

That story is verbatim to what you'll read in that wiki article.

Be careful!!

AR Newbie Registered Member

Confirmed

Thread Information