AR Newbie Registered Member

Subwoofer sound issue

I recently purchased a new subwoofer and it flutters and feedbacks at about half volume and above. Do I have a setting or sub problem. Thanks for the help. K

What subwoofer is it, how is it connected and what signal are you giving it? If you have a test disc and feed a 25Hz singal too and turn it up pretty much all commercial subwoofers will flatter.

:-)

Flo
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Its is an Athena ASP400. It is connected with a standard subwoofer cable. My reciever is a Harman Kardon AVR 130. It allows crossover settings. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks, K

flutters and feeds back?

...sounds like some kind of physical/mechanical coupling thingie going on. Are you using a turntable or have a CD player near of it?

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    How loud are you playing? Could be one of a few things. Playing a signal outside of the woofers lower response limits, or simply pushing the sub too hard, causing distorition, clipping, etc.

The volume knob position and output level is pretty arbitrary and not really a good indication of the maximum output of the sub.

Thread Information