AR Newbie Registered Member

Completing my hubby's Home Theater System

I apologize in advance as I know very little about home theater systems. My husband has put together a nice system recently and I'd like to buy him some surround sound speakers for Xmas to complete the project.
    He has the Harmon/Kardon AVR 630 Receiver
    Cadence SubWoofer
    Pair of Towers and Center unit by Acoustech

Should I just go with the BIC Acoustech HT-63 Surrounds?
    I've seen them for $179 w/ free shipping in multiple places. Anyone find them for less?
    Thanks for your help!

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Best to get him the "matching" surround speakers from BIC...$179 isn't a bad deal with free shipping at all...BIC makes some great, no-nonesense budget speakers, a very underrated brand IMO.

AR Newbie Registered Member

Bic

Although I haven't heard the Acoustech speakers, I do have a surround system by BIC and LOVE it! Had them for 8 years now and not one complaint (except from the neighbors in my old apartment!)

I agree with the others.

When in doubt, a set from the same line and manufacturer is a good way to go,. You simply can't go wrong with a fully matched set.

Now, If I could just get my wife to think like you and ask advice. I love 'er dearly but in matters acoustic she hasn't a clue but, then again, she's got other endearing qualities.

A hint.. if you buy him the Star Wars Trilogy box set, don't buy the "full screen" version. ...trust me on this.

Quote Originally Posted by markw

A hint.. if you buy him the Star Wars Trilogy box set, don't buy the "full screen" version. ...trust me on this.

Wifee bought you the full screen version huh? Well, at least it's a DVD, and not even a chick flick. My wife still buys me cloths. And in colors & patterns I don't like. Still gotta smile and say, "thanks honey, these are great." Cause she is great.

S4H, good advice above. Hope your hubby knows how lucky he is. Enjoy.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Amen, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Wifee bought you the full screen version huh? Well, at least it's a DVD, and not even a chick flick. My wife still buys me cloths. And in colors & patterns I don't like. Still gotta smile and say, "thanks honey, these are great." Cause she is great.

S4H, good advice above. Hope your hubby knows how lucky he is. Enjoy.
    A happy wife makes for a happy life. And, can you believe she actually tells me that I'm not perfect either?

Thread Information