Forum Regular

Cerwin Vega Speakers

Just wondering if their are any Cerwin Vega fans or speaker owners on here. If so, can you private message me and e-mail since I have yet to recieve any messages or e-mails since I've registered to this site and we can just chat or something. Or can someone just private message and e-mail so I can see if my e-mail or private messaging system works. Thanks!

Well, i just wrote you :-)
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Forum Regular
    Welcome to the forum CV. I am a former Cerwin Vega owner and regret giving them up. I don't know if Cerwin has a lot of fans on this site. There a lot of CV fans at audiokarma.org and you might try some of the other vintage sites as well.

RGA
    Forum Regular
    I'm a fan of some Cerwin Vega speakers -- there are many speakers I like for what it is they are trying to do and for what Cerwin Vega is trying to do.

Follow this thread for my responses just the other day about Cerwin Vega http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/gen...es/378130.html

Forum Regular
    I think Cerwin is great for when you need to rock out to some harder music at loud volumes, which is always a good time

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by matt39
    Welcome to the forum CV. I am a former Cerwin Vega owner and regret giving them up. I don't know if Cerwin has a lot of fans on this site. There a lot of CV fans at audiokarma.org and you might try some of the other vintage sites as well.

ok thanks for the info. and what model did you own?

Forum Regular
    [QUOTE=RGA]I'm a fan of some Cerwin Vega speakers -- there are many speakers I like for what it is they are trying to do and for what Cerwin Vega is trying to do.

Follow this thread for my responses just the other day about Cerwin Vega http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/gen...es/378130.html[/QUOTE

I'll agree with you on on that thread you posted, as they are excellent party, DJ speakers, which is why I like'm a lot. I do like other speakers too, like KLH is ok for starter speakers, and Klipsch..but you need a sub with their speakers to get good bass.

several years ago, I was at a house party at EMU...
    we could hear the bass bumping a block away from the house, when we got there, the only thing playing was 2 of their 3 way 10" floor standing speakers...
    they had some large rack mount amps running it (I forget what) but they sounded super awsome!!!!

Mike
    HT: Anthem AVM 50 / PVA-7; Focal JM Lab 4x Chorus 716 S, CC 700 S, 2x Chorus 706S; 2x 12s - Homebuilt Sub
    2CH: B&K PT3 s2, Anthem PVA-2, VonSchweikert VR-1
    Computer: Denon AVR 2805, Old Tecnic & Optimus Speakers
    2004 KTM 200 SX
    2003 Spyder
    2002 Single Cab, 3" cornfed lift, 34"LTB & 31" AT's
    ONLINE PHOTO ALBUM

Forum Regular

Hey Cerwin Vega

I owned the D3 model. I ended up giving them to my younger brother when he got married. These were a small 3-way with 10" woofers. Sounded great and looked good too with a kind of light oak cabinet and the classic CV red woofers. I still have an old pair of LS8 bookshelves which are ok but they're nowhere close to what the D3's were.

Forum Regular
    I've got four v12f (12" wfr, 3-ways) , they're really good for music and especially home theatre ( also got v5c centre). I was wondering actually if there was a fan site. I really would rather have those monsters with dual 15" woofers but I've already taken complaints for these. I figure theatres have big speakers so I'll use big speakers for ht and my theory worked...cerwin vega + 7.1 = movie theatre bliss at home. They're efficient at 98db and can go down and maybe under 30 htz (says 28htz). My amp (yam rxv650) doesn't even get too warm with them so that's a good sign...I'm thinking power amp to really bring out the rudeness underneath these and these are blue black and grey. I hear the e-series is better, they have fuse prtctn...Anyways CV, what kind of vegas have you had?

Forum Regular
    Cerwin Vega's remind me of the 7 years I spent going to college. They also remind me of why it took 7 years to graduate from college. Great party speakers!

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. budget
    I've got four v12f (12" wfr, 3-ways) , they're really good for music and especially home theatre ( also got v5c centre). I was wondering actually if there was a fan site. I really would rather have those monsters with dual 15" woofers but I've already taken complaints for these. I figure theatres have big speakers so I'll use big speakers for ht and my theory worked...cerwin vega + 7.1 = movie theatre bliss at home. They're efficient at 98db and can go down and maybe under 30 htz (says 28htz). My amp (yam rxv650) doesn't even get too warm with them so that's a good sign...I'm thinking power amp to really bring out the rudeness underneath these and these are blue black and grey. I hear the e-series is better, they have fuse prtctn...Anyways CV, what kind of vegas have you had?
    That's awesome...I own the V-12F's as well, along with LS-12's, but I'm not too crazy about the E series. My first set were the VS-120's when they first came out in 1994 but sold them 3 years later due to car audio interests at the time. As far as a CV fan site I now go to Audiokarma.org as someone recommended it and I think it's a good site.

Forum Regular
    CV...how would you rate the v series as compared to other makes, and I did hear theat e-series are not as good...do you know why? I find v series are pretty good, not alowed to play them loud anymore but I've found they're really good for home theatre...buildings crashing and explosions are sounding like the movie theatre. I think it's only a matter of time before I can't even use home theatre. I'm going to check out those other ones you have as I'm not familiar with all the makes. I hear the dc 10 12 15 are the best they ever made. there is a 100watt rms subwoofer at the store (v-series) think theres also a 150 watt one but these ones w/out sub already got me so much trouble, add a sub and I'd be packing up by weekend. I think the tweeters and woofers are good on vseries but I'm skeptical about the midranges. Do you know about them? I had one go on me and I noticed one was already replaced, I take it easy or rather to reasonable volumes, and I don't use them both on front anymore (4ohm loads cause distortion at lower volumes than 8ohm loads). I do really like the vegas they just make the world go away. I was really more into them before and now I'm just obsessed with upgrading everything. I think a spark died after I got complaints and can't really unleash their potential too much but that's alright too because they're really an awesome full range spkr even at lower volumes, actually that doesn't quite mix cv...low volumes? even at low volumes they still are loud.

Forum Regular
    CV...how would you rate the v series as compared to other makes, and I did hear theat e-series are not as good...do you know why? I find v series are pretty good, not alowed to play them loud anymore but I've found they're really good for home theatre...buildings crashing and explosions are sounding like the movie theatre. I think it's only a matter of time before I can't even use home theatre. I'm going to check out those other ones you have as I'm not familiar with all the makes. I hear the dc 10 12 15 are the best they ever made. there is a 100watt rms subwoofer at the store (v-series) think theres also a 150 watt one but these ones w/out sub already got me so much trouble, add a sub and I'd be packing up by weekend. I think the tweeters and woofers are good on vseries but I'm skeptical about the midranges. Do you know about them? I had one go on me and I noticed one was already replaced, I take it easy or rather to reasonable volumes, and I don't use them both on front anymore (4ohm loads cause distortion at lower volumes than 8ohm loads). I do really like the vegas they just make the world go away. I was really more into them before and now I'm just obsessed with upgrading everything. I think a spark died after I got complaints and can't really unleash their potential too much but that's alright too because they're really an awesome full range spkr even at lower volumes, actually that doesn't quite mix cv...low volumes? even at low volumes they still are loud.
    I would have to agree on what you say about the V-12F's as one of out two of mine kinda blew just about 2 weeks ago with the midrange and woofer going out, which I think was due to the crossover but I"m really not sure so it's being serviced right now at CV. As far as upgrading your V-12F's? Well, you can either sell them, or keep them and buy the CLSC-12 which is their other newer model with fuse and that should be better than the V-12F's and the E-712's. Personally, the LS-12's are my favorite overall CV model, but they discontinued in 2002 so you will hard pressed to find them brand new now though you could try ebay.

Forum Regular
    Hey cv, I just put those v12fs (1set, I have 2 sets) up loud and whoa they do sound real nice, they're efficient too so like you said they get loud quick and easy. I'm thinking of matching a couple v-series bookshelves to fill the complete system, the center seems alright. I think the key to not blowing them (v12fs) is to turn the treble all the way down turn the bass to 3/4 full or less then stop turning the volume up after the woofers start to move a bit, or before they even start moving. Anyways, I hope your glad when you get yours back they are nice. Do you think I should get the bookshelves or just save for some other ones?

Forum Regular
    Hey cv, I just put those v12fs (1set, I have 2 sets) up loud and whoa they do sound real nice, they're efficient too so like you said they get loud quick and easy. I'm thinking of matching a couple v-series bookshelves to fill the complete system, the center seems alright. I think the key to not blowing them (v12fs) is to turn the treble all the way down turn the bass to 3/4 full or less then stop turning the volume up after the woofers start to move a bit, or before they even start moving. Anyways, I hope your glad when you get yours back they are nice. Do you think I should get the bookshelves or just save for some other ones?
    Personally, I"m not really into surround sound or HT so I wouldnt even consider getting bookshelves. Even if I was, bookshelves just wouldnt be enough for surround so I would just purchase another set of V-12F's like you have for the surround and MAYBE use the best center channel the CV V series has to offer. Also, I have an Audiosource Amp Three 150x2 connected to my Vega's and its plenty for my 2 channel listening, but basically it's just personal preference..you'll have to decide.

Thread Information