AR Newbie Registered Member

Which speakers with Luxman A-357

Which speakers advise me with a Luxman A-357 ?

Thank you

If my web search is correct your Luxman has 65WPC. This should be enough to drive most any popular speaker to a reasonable volume in a medium to small room. What you should be asking is will this Luxman drive the speakers I like.
    What speakers do you like? What size is the room and how is it decorated? A diagram of the room with dimensions and furniture layout would be very helpful.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

AR Newbie Registered Member
    I am a novice and I don't know a lot of speakers. My father has a pair of Castle (Harlech) and I like the sound. At the opposite, I don't like the sound of Bose.

I would like to have advices on a family of speakers that could be great with my specific amplifier. The size of the room is 5x5 meters. But I will move in a few years and I hope that the size will be the same (a medium room).

The best will be to have some references which I can go to listen in an auditorium and to know the brands that I should not absolutely buy.

Thank you for your help

PS : The Luxman has 70WPC/RMS 8 ohms DIN.

Quote Originally Posted by euspirit
    I am a novice and I don't know a lot of speakers. My father has a pair of Castle (Harlech) and I like the sound. At the opposite, I don't like the sound of Bose.

I would like to have advices on a family of speakers that could be great with my specific amplifier. The size of the room is 5x5 meters. But I will move in a few years and I hope that the size will be the same (a medium room).

The best will be to have some references which I can go to listen in an auditorium and to know the brands that I should not absolutely buy.

Thank you for your help

Well for one thing, don't buy bose.
    For another, you cannot express a power rating in RMS and DIN, it has to be one or the other.

Why not just ask us whiuch girl to marry?

How can you expect us to know what you like when you don't even know yourself?

I strongly suggest you go out and listen to whatever is available locally before posting a question like this.

FWIW, I doubt many of the denizens of this forum have much experience with the Castle line and 99% of what you hear will be the result of the of the speaker/room interaction. The amp's contribution to the overall sound is minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by markw
    How can you expect us to know what you like when you don't even know yourself?

I strongly suggest you go out and listen to whatever is available locally before posting a question like this.

FWIW, I doubt many of the denizens of this forum have much experience with the Castle line and 99% of what you hear will be the result of the of the speaker/room interaction. The amp's contribution to the overall sound is minimal.
    Markw, he is only a newbie.
    Don't take this harshly euspirit, but follow his advise.

Quote Originally Posted by euspirit

Thank you for your help

The manufacturers spec sheet I found on the web rated your amp at 65WPC. The rating is for the US version. The Euro version may be slightly different. In any case the 5W difference is insignificant.

Most of the posters here don't like any "Blose" products. Even their headphones are not that good.

Knowing a lot about speakers is not relevant to your question. If you like what you have that's all that matters. The best thing is to cultivate friendships with other audiophiles and listen to their systems. You can also get lots of advice about gear (especially speakers) at this site. No matter what people say it is your ears that you have to please and no one elses. The sound systems and speakers in auditoriums are not the same as good home stereo gear.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Thread Information