AR Newbie Registered Member

fluance or energy 5.0 with polk sub

I really like the looks of the fluance but I know in the future I will have to get a sub. I read great reviews on the energy 5.0. Both systems will end up costing about the same. Any input into a decision would be great.

thanks in advance

Forum Regular

Hello, here is my suggestion..

Quote Originally Posted by mpodolski
    I really like the looks of the fluance but I know in the future I will have to get a sub. I read great reviews on the energy 5.0. Both systems will end up costing about the same. Any input into a decision would be great.

thanks in advance
    I would urge to reconsider. I have owned Energy speakers before and they are okay but you can do much better for about the same $$ more or less.

http://www.mordauntshort.com/default.php

http://www.accessories4less.com/index.php

I highly recommend you consider the M.S. speaker. There are great deals to be had on them at A4less.

Have fun shopping and good luck.

That Mordaunt HT system looks alike a great buy! Shipping cost will be a lot. I've bought from them before and they charge a lot for shipping usually to make up for their discount prices. I'd bet it is much better than the energy and certainly better than the Fluance. If you cant affort the MS then go with the energy system. You can also put together and infinity primus system with the p162's for fronts, P152's as rears and an infinity center and any sub. But I would try for the Mordaunts.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make...-Cable-/1.html
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

mpodolski" here is a great deal on Energy 5.0 go to http://www.newegg.com and search for the Energy 5.0 before 12: midnight today and put in the promo code below' upon check out!! $130 no tax no shipping!! then go find the SUB" (Oh I am assuming your looking at Energy take classic 5.0??)

Energy Take 5 Pack 5CH Home Theater Speaker System
    Save $50 w/ promo code EMCMNLP33, ends 12/5(limit 5 per customer)

hi LeRoy",blackraven"... I agree with your suggestion!! but depending on his budget the (Energy would be the way to go from newegg today) plus he might be able to find the matching Sub" at audio advisor for cheap they had them em" for 90 bucks. back in October.
    Last edited by winston; 12-05-2009 at 10:28 AM.
    Chet Baker-Trumpet
    Pepper Adams-Baritone Sax
    Herbie Mann-Flute
    Bill Evans-Piano
    Paul Chambers-Bass & Connie Kay-Drums
    (....ALONE TOGETHER....) DEC. 30 1958
    produced by...Orrin Keepnews...

Forum Regular

Hello Winston....great find on pricing and product..

Quote Originally Posted by winston
    mpodolski" here is a great deal on Energy 5.0 go to http://www.newegg.com and search for the Energy 5.0 before 12: midnight today and put in the promo code below' upon check out!! $130 no tax no shipping!! then go find the SUB" (Oh I am assuming your looking at Energy take classic 5.0??)

Energy Take 5 Pack 5CH Home Theater Speaker System
    Save $50 w/ promo code EMCMNLP33, ends 12/5(limit 5 per customer)

hi LeRoy",blackraven"... I agree with your suggestion!! but depending on his budget the (Energy would be the way to go from newegg today) plus he might be able to find the matching Sub" at audio advisor for cheap they had them em" for 90 bucks. back in October.

Winston,
    I will have to check out the newegg site. I am not familiar with that site so I too am now intrigued as to what I may find there.

Raven, I always forget about the Infinity speaker line. I have always been curious about the Primus line since it gets so much good press....one of these days I will have to find a dealer near me to give em a listen.

Take care my comrades in audio maximus.

LeRoy

Thread Information