Ajani

Quad 12L Active???

Anyone tried the Quad 12L Active speakers? I auditioned the 21L and 22L a few years ago and was impressed... I'm considering the 12L Actives because 1) I have an opportunity to get a pair at a good price & 2) they are portable and would fit in with my Squeezebox/Benchmark combo (since I may need to change country again soon - don't ask - life sucks sometimes).....

So I'm just curious if anyone has had experience with these speakers.... They seem to be a combination of the original critically acclaimed 12L speakers and a slightly lower powered version of the Quad 909 (current dumping) amplifier...

It's my impression that you're thinking about this too much. Whatever you choose, you probably don't have to end up with forever. You'll eventually just go crazy looking up more options. Unless it's something you actually enjoy doing..

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by audio amateur
    It's my impression that you're thinking about this too much. Whatever you choose, you probably don't have to end up with forever. You'll eventually just go crazy looking up more options. Unless it's something you actually enjoy doing..
    Hmmm.... you're probably right... I'm starting to feel a bit like SVI now.... I might just buy the Quads (since I can always keep them to use in a bedroom setup later)... thanx...

Sorry I don't mean to ruin your thread. You're pretty far off from 'SVI'.
    An active system may indeed be practical. I have actually heard the 21Ls for a brief moment in sub optimal conditions. Didn't sound bad at all.
    I hope you decide something quick and finally get to sit back and enjoy something

Thread Information