Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar

24 Hours with the Cinema i...

Okay, thanks to some motivation by P-Sky, I made my way uptown to my audio pusher and, lo and behold, my center channel was packed away awaiting my arrival. Any comments I may have made to the contrary must be withdrawn (yes, I am the jackass, and never trust a part time employee). Sorry Audio Solutions guys.
    Anyway. it's been 24 hours of bliss. It is easy to connect with theoreticals in discussion and in showrooms, but you never know how that is going to translate into your home set-up. In addition to the obvious timbre matching, there is well defined improvement in coherency across the front soundstage. Instrument placement is so obvious it's easy.In many concert dvds movement is even distinguishable. Lovely.
    Right. So here are a few pics of my inner-city media room, my little haven in the hood...

Okay, I keep getting this obnoxious "unable blah blah blah" dealio when I try to upload my photos. Is there any reason I can't upload a pic from my new digital off of a file on My Pictures other than the AR server being overloaded? Could my Nero be interfering with this?
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Well, now that you mention it...

Quote Originally Posted by bobsticks
    Is there any reason I can't upload a pic from my new digital off of a file on My Pictures other than the AR server being overloaded? Could my Nero be interfering with this?
    What makes you think we want to see what you look like?

(just funnin' ya. )

Seriously, I have no idea, but I can't resist a straight line.

Quote Originally Posted by markw
    What makes you think we want to see what you look like?

(just funnin' ya. )

Seriously, I have no idea, but I can't resist a straight line.
    Ha Ha Ha funny guy . I did manage to get some pictures of my system not my ugly mug posted over in the Member's Gallery section.

Okay, thanks to some motivation by P-Sky, I made my way uptown to my audio pusher and, lo and behold, my center channel was packed away awaiting my arrival. Any comments I may have made to the contrary must be withdrawn (yes, I am the jackass, and never trust a part time employee). Sorry Audio Solutions guys.
    Anyway. it's been 24 hours of bliss. It is easy to connect with theoreticals in discussion and in showrooms, but you never know how that is going to translate into your home set-up. In addition to the obvious timbre matching, there is well defined improvement in coherency across the front soundstage. Instrument placement is so obvious it's easy.In many concert dvds movement is even distinguishable. Lovely.
    Right. So here are a few pics of my inner-city media room, my little haven in the hood...

Okay, I keep getting this obnoxious "unable blah blah blah" dealio when I try to upload my photos. Is there any reason I can't upload a pic from my new digital off of a file on My Pictures other than the AR server being overloaded? Could my Nero be interfering with this?
    Sounds like you bought right. And from a decent dealer to boot. Congrats on the new member to your ML family. Enjoy.

Peace

Bernd

P.S. Can't help with the upload problem. PC midget me.
    "Let The Earth Bear Witness."

Yeah, Bernd, definetely a purchase I am pleased with. I am embarassed at how non-chalant I was about the effects of the center channel. This has rekindled my MC listening to the extent that I am revisiting old tunes and hearing so much more.

Interestingly, now that the front stage is so there it is bringing to light some other issues. I suspect, if only because of visual cues, that I had been focusing on the gaps at 12 o'clock. It's just that before, in my newbness, I never knew the cause to address. That out of the way I am starting to see that the room is too small to fully take advantage of the sidestage for R and L.

So now, y'know, I need a new home...

Cheers

Yeah, Bernd, definetely a purchase I am pleased with. I am embarassed at how non-chalant I was about the effects of the center channel. This has rekindled my MC listening to the extent that I am revisiting old tunes and hearing so much more.

Interestingly, now that the front stage is so there it is bringing to light some other issues. I suspect, if only because of visual cues, that I had been focusing on the gaps at 12 o'clock. It's just that before, in my newbness, I never knew the cause to address. That out of the way I am starting to see that the room is too small to fully take advantage of the sidestage for R and L.

So now, y'know, I need a new home...

Cheers
    That's how it starts......

Peace

Bernd
    "Let The Earth Bear Witness."

Next thing you know you'll be knocking down walls like I did.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

How big is your room? What are the dimensions?

Hey guys,

Bernd-You're right of course, but I think it's fair to say that it had started a bit before this...

Joe- If only I could follow your path of destruction--problem being, I am in a downtown condo and I'm not totally sure if my neighbors would appreciate a big electrostatic speaker sitting in their living room. I'm in a third floor corner unit, so the same placement that keeps down the complaints precludes a lot of mods. I'm hoping to take advantage of the downturn in the housing market by mid year '07. I could probably weasel my way into it now but I've been hanging out waiting for this promotion I've convinced myself I deserve.

Wormy- The room is 12x20 or 21 but the entrances to the bedrooms/kitchen prevents placement on one of the long walls and a closet and hallway prevent it on the other. It is not the optimal room in any way

Cheers.

Thread Information