AR Newbie Registered Member

Best speakers for Ska?

I know this is an unusual question but I'm looking to buy one, possibly two sets of new speakers, primarily for music which is almost all Ska for me (LTJ, Reel Big Fish, Bosstones, Rancid mostly). One set is for my bedroom and the other is for my living room. Any suggestions either on what speakers or what sort of things to look for? Thanks,

Oh yeah - price range - probably around $400-500 for bedroom and $1000-2500 for living room. Pretty big range really, juts an issue of trading off with other things (bettter projector...)

Well, kinda difficult to answer...

I'm pretty familiar with Ska, all the way from it's Jamaican roots as the precursor to Reggae. through the English TuTone revolution of the 80's to its rebirth in the late 90's. I don't remember it as being as bass heavy as Dub or Dancehall so I don't think you need a speaker "specially designed" for heavy bass. A speaker with good firm bass and decent mids for the horns would be your best bet. There's lots of speakers in your price range that I think would handle your music. Cambridge Soundworks makes a good line of speakers as does Polk and others that have good mids.

Hope this helps...

Da Worfster

Thread Information