Lately I've been trying to adjust to low volume listening. Mainly cause I think I have been P'ing off the neighbor. But also because I just haven't been in the mood for loud music. I usually crank it when I get off work at 4 am in the morning. The neighbor hasn't actually said anything, but someone was pounding on my door 2 weeks ago at 5 in the morning, and I strongly suspect it was him.
Anyways listening to music at low level volume I've discovered that my Paradigms, particualarly my studio 100's, don't open up. They need the juice to bring out their sonic characteristics. While my B&W 601's dominant my other speakers at this low level and sound pretty good.
This is just a phase I'm going through and hopefully in a few days I'll be back in the mood for regular volume listening. And if its bothering the neighbor he'll probably let me know. But I wish he would do it in a civilized way and perhaps he'll let me in his home so I can hear at what volume level I can listen without bothering him.