AR Newbie Registered Member

Speaker protection question

Hi.

I've just come across these forums and am hoping someone can help out with a newbie question. I've just purchased a Phase Linear 400 amp on ebay and have come across advice on using in-line fuses to protect my speakers. This is for a project recording studio monitoring system and it won't be pushed very hard, but I guess it doesn't hurt to be safe. Only trouble is, I can't find any info on how I should go about it (apart from calculating what size fuse), so I'd be really appreciative if someone could point me in the right direction. I have basic soldering and cable construction ability if that matters.

Cheers.

Bill.

Horn lover
    Don't worry about it. Plug them in and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by bennals@optusnet.com.au
    Hi.

I've just come across these forums and am hoping someone can help out with a newbie question. I've just purchased a Phase Linear 400 amp on ebay and have come across advice on using in-line fuses to protect my speakers. This is for a project recording studio monitoring system and it won't be pushed very hard, but I guess it doesn't hurt to be safe. Only trouble is, I can't find any info on how I should go about it (apart from calculating what size fuse), so I'd be really appreciative if someone could point me in the right direction. I have basic soldering and cable construction ability if that matters.

Cheers.

Bill.
    It goes in between the ( +) side of speaker wire.Usualy the fuse is inserted in a 2 piece (section )plastic that locks.Radio Shack should have them.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Thanks for the replies guys.

Bill.

Thread Information