Suspended

Best floorstanders for Nad T763?

I was hoping that someone would have an opinion as to which floorstanding speakers would mate best with my Nad T763. I am currently using MA B2's for my theater surround speakers, and although they sound just fine for movies, I was thinking that a full-range pair of floorstanders would improve the quality of my music listening experience. I would like to keep the price below $1500. This would improve the likelyhood that my wife would choose to just make me sleep in the theater room for a few days instead of divorcing me.

If anyone has heard a great match between <1500 floorstanders and Nad electronics, I'm all ears. I'm hoping to find a full-range pair that will not require the use of my subwoofer. I'm aware that the T763 lacks a little in the bass region so perhaps some speakers with a higher sensitivity than my MA B2's might do the trick.

Any and all thoughts, comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I confess that there has only been one pair of sub $2K/pr. floorstanders that has ever impressed me enough to recommend it, and it costs $1800/pr. The speaker is called the Opera Audio Consonance Eric-3, for reference. One that I have *not* heard, but am very familiar with the underlying family sound is sold Internet direct only.... the Tyler Acoustics Freedom F-3 floorstander at $1450/pr. You can find a picture and description here: http://www.tyleracoustics.com/freedom.html .

Other than those two, I would look at mini-monitors in this price range (as you can get a really good one for $1500 +/-).

---Dave
    Integra DHC-40.2 Pre/Pro
    Coda 2 X 200 Watt Amp
    Rotel RB-985 5 X 100 Watt Amp
    2 Tyler Acoustics 2 Piece Linbrook Signature System
    1 Tyler Linbrook Signature Center Channel
    3 Tyler Taylo Reference Monitors
    1 ACI Titan II Sub
    Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD
    Panasonic BDT-210 + 350 Blu-ray
    Consonance Droplet CDP-5.0
    Sony 55NX-810 1080p 3D-LED HDTV

Office:
    Opera Audio Consonance CD-120
    Jolida 1301A 2 X 30 Watt Int. Amp (Sovtek Tubes)
    Opera Audio Consonance Eric-1 Speakers

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Drseid sure has interesting tastes in audio...I like his recommendations.
    Don't knock your receiver...it's a pretty darn good'un, and isn't lacking the bass region at all IMO.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Drseid sure has interesting tastes in audio...I like his recommendations.
    Don't knock your receiver...it's a pretty darn good'un, and isn't lacking the bass region at all IMO.
    Kexodusc:

I'm not knocking the Nad in the important areas...however, compared to the Marantz 780 that I used prior to the Nad, the bass is severly lacking. The 780 made my MA B2's come alive. I never felt the need to engage my sub for music. With the T763, I have to kick in the sub to fill in the bottom end of the B2's, and the overall effect is more disjointed.

Thread Information