Thread: Jbl 2050

Audio Enthusiast

Jbl 2050

I am bidding a pair of JBL 2050 on Ebay. These speakers are from 1970's I guess ? Is there anybody knowing the year of these speakers ? Generally are these good speakers ? Thanks

rule of thumb:

JBL=
    J unkie
    B ut
    L oud

Forum Regular
    I don't know too much about these, but I don't believe they were from the 70s. Most of the consumer line in that era began with "L" -- for example L16, L26, L100 and so on. There was also a less expensive line that came out toward the end of the 70s known as "Radiance" by JBL. I don't remember the model numbers, but 2050 doesn't ring a bell.

My guess is that they're either from early to mid 80s. Sorry that I can't be more specific.

As another rule of thumb, don't buy from car stereo makers that are trying to make home theatre stuff

Cool rules of thumb

Quote Originally Posted by audio_dude
    rule of thumb:

JBL=
    J unkie
    B ut
    L oud
    Quote Originally Posted by audio_dude
    As another rule of thumb, don't buy from car stereo makers that are trying to make home theatre stuff
    As another rule of thumb, don't listen to people who don't know anything about the subject except to quote moronic acronyms and misrepresent multinational corporations.

You can find some information about the J2050 here:

http://jbl.com/home/products/product...CheckProduct=Y

You can also go to the reviews right here on audioreview.com and read what actual owners have to say. These would be people who listened to and owned them, then took the time to record their impressions, as compared to someone who never heard them just shooting off his mouth and showing his ignorance.

http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speak...3_1594crx.aspx

Thread Information