Thread: mtx speakers?

Forum Regular

mtx speakers?

Hello again just saw mtx Monitor12 speakers for sale in circuit city ad. Was wondering if these are any good for movies and music? Price is $200.00 for both???

Forum Regular
    its 200 per speaker,, ive heard nothing but good things about them my freind has a set and loves them,,,there along the the lines of a good cerwin vega,,,heres some reviews....circuit city reviews

Forum Regular
    i've listened to them and the 10" model and the first thing i noticed was tons of bass. after the initial enjoyment of the bass i realized that the mid and highs weren't very good. but i think they would be great party speakers. but i think there value is really good these were what i would have gone with them but my brother in law convinced me to go with bookshelves and a sub. i was going to go with the 10" model because to me the bass in it sounded tighter and not as boomy as the 12" but that was just me. go listen to them and compair against the 10" and tell us what you think.

As Lafferman said they are a good 'party' speaker with no real refinement or musicality. MTX is mainly a car audio speaker company, they are similar to Pyle and Cerwin Vega. They will take some abuse, but not the best for a sit down and listen type environment.

Thread Information