Forum Regular

Music tracks to help setup system

Was wondering some good music tracks to help setup my new speakers system. Yamaha 1300, Paradigm Studio 20 mains, servo-15 sub. Just looking for different tracks for bass and mids and highs? Been playing my music was just wondering your all tatse when seting up your system? Thanks! I like all kinds of music, have no favarite!

Just listen to what you would normally listen to. IMO, it makes no sense to try setting up your system by listening to something that you're unfamiliar with and/or don't care much for. If you're trying to set up the subwoofer, then you should just use a test tone and a SPL meter.

Some of the stuff that I listen to when evaluating speakers includes Jazzanova, Crystal Method, Miles Davis, Metallica, Liquid Soul, Aurora, Royal Crown Revue, Pat Metheny Group, and a couple of high res 96/24 discs that have old Blue Note tracks and classical recordings. Not all of it is recorded well, but all of it reflects stuff that I listen to regularly.

Forum Regular

Thanks gonna try some of that music

I just wanted to know what others listen to with there system? I know what i like, just like to get fresh music that i've never heard on my new system. I did all the SPL meter and test tones. I love the system,guess i posted in the wrong area sorry, I just love going to people's houses and hearing something new. Plus with the internet i can get the songs from napster, at least samples then try them on my system.

I think your asking for is audiophile quality music that brings out the best in your system and makes you grin from ear to ear.Once everyone chimes in you'll have so many recommendations you won't know where to begin. I put together a sample list of stuff I like that infuenced my speaker buying decisions. Hope you like em.
    Cirque Ingenieux- Kitaro
    Celtic Book of Days- David Arkenstone
    Fires at Midnight- Blackmore's Night
    At the Movies-Ennio Morricone
    Moontan- Golden Earring
    Do You Feel Like We Do- Frampton
    Live in San Francisco- Joe Satriani
    Dark Side of the Moon- Pink Floyd
    Moving Pictures- Rush
    Sacred Fire- Santana

Forum Regular

Thanks

Thanks for replying, i guess i just put this in the wrong spot. Trying to widing my music albums for my new system! Sorry i got the wrong group,but thanks for replying with the lists! I can download any of these songs to listen to. I love this site!

Thread Information