Forum Regular

My speakers go crazy, help!

Hi,
    I decided to start a new topic, because it never found an answer to my problem.

I have speakers Genius SP-HF2020
    geniusnet.com/wSite/ct?xItem=48211&ctNode=148&mp=1

I watch a movie, the sound level is set with an imaginary volume 3 degrees. After 15, 30, 45 minutes (no rules), the speaker suddenly you hear a low crackling. Then the mute. After a while, returning to the volume, grade 3, to the moment of silence again. When they turn off the button on the back of the column and then on again it all comes back to normal. Of course, the time when it will crash and I did turn down.
    All buttons on the remote, but standby, do not work. Points out that during normal play when changing the volume or turn on the EQ and mute options, the speaker is always blinking. When "turns on" whether the interruption phase is turning a knob or a few remote, the LED lights solid.
    I have no idea how to fix it.
    Speakers did not fall, stand as a constant. Go well in my room and play nice, when working properly.

I ask you for help, especially on the termination of the TV.
    Thanks in advance and best regards.
    Matthew

Forum Regular
    they need exocism

Well....

Only a couple of things you can do.

One: Try the speakers with a different receiver. If you don't have a second system see if you could just hook them up on a friends system to see if the speakers are the problem.

Two: Try a different set of speakers on YOUR receiver, if the same thing happens you know it's your receiver and NOT your speakers.

Sounds like your receiver is dying to me. What and how old is it?

Worf

Forum Regular
    I checked the speakers with my mobile phone.
    Speakers are the same. At the start of play, and after a while, turn on "phase break".
    Do you have any ideas?
    Thanks for the reply.

ok, your mobile phone is not a good tester...probably puts out less then a half watt with the wind blowing in your face and the speakers are in front of you...Sounds like your speakers are too low of an impedance to your receiver. EG tehy are drawing too much current . If you like the speakers get a more capable amp/receiver.
    Audio exploits of the past year
    :D
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/budgetaudio6/

even more here!
    http://s574.photobucket.com/home/budgetaudio6/index
    and yes its been a slow but full 3 or 4 years yet!

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Hi, looking at the speaker specs they are rated at 85dB and 4ohm, which would probably drop to about 2ohm when pushed, requiring lost of current, that would cause drop outs and put pressure on your receiver. You may need to upgrade to speakers that are at least 88-90dB and a minimum of 6ohm....

JJ

Forum Regular
    It may just be a loose connection somewhere. Just a wire small enough to be shook by the movement of the speakers? Or something that gets hot and moves around.
    I'm no expert, but that sounds like its something thats stopping your speakers from receiving. Possibly something on the wires/connectors.

Thread Information