Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    wje
    Forum Regular
    Damn, I live close to the Fairfax Costco store - and heard the "demo" a few weeks back. Very nice sounding speakers.

Given that I am in the market for either 1) Paradigm or 2) Klipsch Reference speakers, I actually forgot all about these given all the demos that I've recently heard.

I guess I should make my decision soon ... and move on these.

Forum Regular
    I've had mine for about a month now, and I am extremely pleased.

The only problem I had initially was some distortion when playing at high volumes, but I assumed (correctly as it turned out) that this was an amplifier issue. Having returned my cheap Pioneer and replaced it with a Yamaha HTR-5650 that's been resolved, and the overall tone warmed up a bit to boot.

Forum Regular
    Mine are breaking in quite nicely...the sub was OK at first. I watched the matrix Rev last night and wow. The sub is very nice in my room now and getting better.

Forum Regular
    If your Costco does not have them you can call call BIC direct. They will sell you some things direct. I purchased a second sub and they offered me a pair of centers if I wanted to go with 7.1.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthus
    If your Costco does not have them you can call call BIC direct. They will sell you some things direct. I purchased a second sub and they offered me a pair of centers if I wanted to go with 7.1.
    Centers? I wonder why that as opposed to another pair of surrounds?

I was thinking about getting another set of surrounds, maybe I could barter with them - a pair of speakers in exchange for a course in Remedial Web Site Design

As an aside, now that I've got everything calibrated the way I like it I had the neighborhood gaggle of kids laughing out loud yesterday after school as the couch shook while Darla tapped the fish tank in Finding Nemo.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by erics0531
    Centers? I wonder why that as opposed to another pair of surrounds?

I was thinking about getting another set of surrounds, maybe I could barter with them - a pair of speakers in exchange for a course in Remedial Web Site Design

As an aside, now that I've got everything calibrated the way I like it I had the neighborhood gaggle of kids laughing out loud yesterday after school as the couch shook while Darla tapped the fish tank in Finding Nemo.

They call the centers bookshelves??? The price was only $150 per pair...I have the sales managers direct number if ou are interested...

Forum Regular
    Got my 2nd sub dialed in....Thunder when watching the newest matrix

AR Newbie Registered Member

More demos for this Saturday

After how well the demos went at Costco a couple weeks back, they have decided to run one more day of demos at the stores that have product, but didn't run the original demo weekend.

So, I am at the Federal Way, WA store all day Saturday for anyone in the Seattle/Tacoma metro area that is interested in hearing these beauties sing. Bring your favorite (kid-friendly) DVD!

-Matt

Forum Regular
    anymore feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt F
    After how well the demos went at Costco a couple weeks back, they have decided to run one more day of demos at the stores that have product, but didn't run the original demo weekend.

So, I am at the Federal Way, WA store all day Saturday for anyone in the Seattle/Tacoma metro area that is interested in hearing these beauties sing. Bring your favorite (kid-friendly) DVD!

-Matt

Forum Regular
    anymore feedback?
    Still real happy with mine. I haven't seen them at Costso for a few weeks, so it may have been a one shot deal with them.

I'll try attaching a picture of my setup (crosses fingers). I wish my office door wasn't right there, *that's* where I'd put the sub...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

CWS
    Forum Regular
    Took a leap of faith and ordered these direct from BIC on friday, should have them by the end of next week. Thanks for the picture they look great! I would love to see the back of them, binding posts if you could? I am really excited I had the Fluance sx-htb set on order since March but these looked really nice so I went for it and cancelled the fluance set. Also how did you mount the rears? I am thinking of putting them on speaker stands.

Has anyone heard both the Fluance speakers, and the Acoustech system??

I just capatilized on both a Panny xr25 and a Yammy 5650, and now need to get a speaker set

i already have an Energy S10.2 sub, and also bought a cerwin vega V-12S (i think that was the model number)

Would you guy recommend the Acoustech system, or the Fluance. I feel i dont NEED a subwoofer, as i have two to choose from. and in that sense the Fluance probably will be cheaper.

Thanks for the help

Puv
    =)

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CWS
    Took a leap of faith and ordered these direct from BIC on friday, should have them by the end of next week. Thanks for the picture they look great! I would love to see the back of them, binding posts if you could? I am really excited I had the Fluance sx-htb set on order since March but these looked really nice so I went for it and cancelled the fluance set. Also how did you mount the rears? I am thinking of putting them on speaker stands.
    I mounted my surrounds on the side walls, there are brackets on the back of them.

Picture of the bonding posts, eh? Here you go...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone heard of BIC America Acoustech Series-00_00002.jpg  

CWS
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by erics0531
    I mounted my surrounds on the side walls, there are brackets on the back of them.

Picture of the bonding posts, eh? Here you go...
    Thanks, they look like very nice quality. I am hoping to receive mine this week!

Help needed to confirm if my speakers are good

anymore feedback?
    Hi,

After I heard the demo of these speakers at Costco Fairfax, VA I was impressed and came back and did a search and ended up reading the good reviews in this forum. I then bought these speakers, but could not get the same "sound" after hooking it up. I then thought it could be the receiver (I had a four year old Pioneer) and went to Tweeter to shop for a new Receiver: (Being a novice myself, I took the specifications of the speaker to the shop to buy a matching receiver in entry level).

- Bought a Denon 1604 (75 W per channel)
    - Changed the speaker cables to Monster
    - Bought a new SACD/DVD-audio (Universal) player (Pioneer DV563-A) since they told me that they play SACD for demos!

Here is my problem: I don't know how to describe it, but the sound I hear in my room (18' x 15 ') does not have the "richness" or the bang as I heard it at Costco or at the demo shop. I have the volume level around -32db and if I increase the volume it sounds better, but then it is too loud for our ears. I took the receiver back to the shop and when they played it there it sounded good. Now they say that it could be the speaker, and I hate to return the speakers since the price I paid was good and all the reviews are good. Please excuse me since I am not an expert on these; but I played with all the settings in the receiver and the DVD player.

Could some one help me please.

CWS
    Forum Regular
    I would be looking at possibly miswired connections, if you swapped polarity the + and - wires it might muffle the sound. Carefully check both ends of every speaker wire. I would then run a test disc like Digital Video Essentials and properly calibrate the speakers using a SPL meter (available at Radio Shack). The test disc may also reveal any possible problems with the speakers themselves (such as a blown driver). I am somewhat suspicious of the tweeter after being told on the phone that they would send replacement drivers if I found any broken upon receipt. Horn tweeters have a history of being somewhat fragile. You can also check for blown drivers by putting your ear up next to each speaker.

Mine are on the way delivery is scheduled for Monday!

Where do you get the Digital Video Essentials Test disk?

Thank you CWS. I checked the polarity earlier, and also other obvious issues. I went to Best buy, Circuit City and Radio Shack to get the test disk but they did not have it or did not know about it! One Radio Shack sales guys did not know about the SPL meter either ! I played with the Sub woofer settings, and the auto surround mode in the receiver,and this seems to have improved the sound and I am seriously thinking that this could be a mismatch between the receiver and speakers. Please let me know where do you get the test disk so that I could possibly identify the culprit.

Thank you.

CWS
    Forum Regular
    Here is a link to Digital Video Essentials at Deep Discount DVD, I buy from them all the time, free shipping but a little slow (up to two weeks to get stuff). Also available at Amazon.

DDD:

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=VMG010712

Avia is also a good test/setup disc best buy carries it:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....5&type=product

Here is the SPL meter at Radio Shack take the part number to the store, they have it:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...t%5Fid=33-2055

I received my Acoustech setup yesterday and HOLY COW these are great speakers. Hard to believe the price I am very happy. Thanks for the others who reviewed them and especially for the pictures. Also if anyone else is interested in these I orderded them from BIC America just called their 800 number and told them I was interested. Same price as Costco plus shipping.

Forum Regular

How much does each Acoustech Speaker weigh?

Here is a link to Digital Video Essentials at Deep Discount DVD, I buy from them all the time, free shipping but a little slow (up to two weeks to get stuff). Also available at Amazon.

DDD:

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=VMG010712

Avia is also a good test/setup disc best buy carries it:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....5&type=product

Here is the SPL meter at Radio Shack take the part number to the store, they have it:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...t%5Fid=33-2055

I received my Acoustech setup yesterday and HOLY COW these are great speakers. Hard to believe the price I am very happy. Thanks for the others who reviewed them and especially for the pictures. Also if anyone else is interested in these I orderded them from BIC America just called their 800 number and told them I was interested. Same price as Costco plus shipping.
    I called BIC this afternoon since I do not live near a Costco. I have a quote plus shipping to my state for a 7.1 system (includes two subs and a second pair of surrounds). I wanted to know the weights since I have little ones. The people at BIC could not give me an answer. How easy could the Acoustech tower be knocked over? Also I asked the people at BIC about the connection between Dr. HSU and the Acoustech sub. He had something to do with its final engineering and sound according to BIC. I suspect that the Acoustech sub is more a HSU than anything else. That is for the better!

Thanks much

Ted

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddyaudio
    I called BIC this afternoon since I do not live near a Costco. I have a quote plus shipping to my state for a 7.1 system (includes two subs and a second pair of surrounds). I wanted to know the weights since I have little ones. The people at BIC could not give me an answer. How easy could the Acoustech tower be knocked over? Also I asked the people at BIC about the connection between Dr. HSU and the Acoustech sub. He had something to do with its final engineering and sound according to BIC. I suspect that the Acoustech sub is more a HSU than anything else. That is for the better!

Thanks much

Ted
    I have two subs also....so does my buddy. You will not be dissapointed. The towers are a good weight. I would not wory about a dog or little person "tumping" it over.

CWS
    Forum Regular

Shipping Weight

I can give you the shipping weights off the side of the box which would be mostly speaker:

Towers: 26 lbs. each
    Surr: 30 lbs. for 2
    Center: 18 lbs.
    Sub: 42 lbs.

I already had a powered 10" sub and the Acoustech one complements it well! I have been shakin the house.

Forum Regular

One more bit of information I need

I can give you the shipping weights off the side of the box which would be mostly speaker:

Towers: 26 lbs. each
    Surr: 30 lbs. for 2
    Center: 18 lbs.
    Sub: 42 lbs.

I already had a powered 10" sub and the Acoustech one complements it well! I have been shakin the house.
    Thanks to everyone for the input. My hometheater room is 34 long by 14 feet wide with an eight foor ceiling. It is in the basement. I will be using "one end" of the room with a 100 inch widescreen projector system. Do you guys think that the Acoustechs with the two subs will play adequately loud for movies in such a room? I can only play things a little loud when my wife is away. When we watch together, it is usually turned up because with my AR-HC6 system, at times we cannot hear dialogue. When I watch alone, I will turn things up, but not excessively so.

Thanks again,

Ted

Forum Regular
    My basement room is 30X 30 with a 15 X 15 cutout for the utilities. The system with two subs do a great job of filling room. With one sub there were some weak spots...now it is all good

CWS
    Forum Regular
    I have a large room approx 16 x 40 9' ceiling (living room open to kitchen/dining area) and I have PLENTY of sound for the room. In fact depending on the positioning of the sub I could probably get by with one. The second one seems to flatten the bass response around the room so I get better bass at all seating areas. These speakers are very efficient so getting it loud is not a problem. What type of amplifier will you be using?

Forum Regular

I am looking at these receivers

I have a large room approx 16 x 40 9' ceiling (living room open to kitchen/dining area) and I have PLENTY of sound for the room. In fact depending on the positioning of the sub I could probably get by with one. The second one seems to flatten the bass response around the room so I get better bass at all seating areas. These speakers are very efficient so getting it loud is not a problem. What type of amplifier will you be using?

Thanks again for the information. Suddenly, my "large" home theater room seems quite small in comparison. What size screens are you guys using? Man, I wish I had a room as large as you guys have. Those rooms are about double the size of mine. I am looking at the discontinued Harman Kardon AVR-7200 because of the great price they are selling them at ($850 online), or the new Harman Kardon, or perhaps the new Denon 3805 ($999 online) or the Yamaha RXV-2400 ($800 online). I figured that with the Acoustech's efficiency, I should be able to get a decent 7.1 receiver for $1000 or under (online of course). What receivers or amps are you guys using to fill those large rooms?

Ted

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information