Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Aging Smartass
    Quote Originally Posted by SlumpBuster

Yes, mom. Yes, it did feel good.
    I thought your mother was going to say, "Stop that, or you'll go blind!" and then you were going to respond with, "Well, can I just do it 'till I need glasses?"

Mutant from table 9
    It's like Gilbert Gottfried (sp?) said, "If masturbation was a crime, I'd be on death row."

I don't think this thread should be deleted, whether or not its shilly. Its educational. The AV world is permeated by hucksters and snakeoil salesmen. There are so many myths and urban legends that even well meaning salesmen can tarnish the rep of a respectable manufacturer. I'm thinking of one salesmen that wanted to tell me all about Dynaudio (respectable company) using disreputable myths. Threads like these help demonstrate what you should be on the look out for. Pics and A/B comparison of a $30 set of speakers is just wierd. Couple that with the idea that they are inwall, and its gets just plain even wierder. But, if we let spankingvanillaice through, we can be a little forgiving of this thread.

"Tha H-Dog listens easy, always has, always will." - Herbert Kornfeld (R.I.P.)

"I lick the mothra moniters because they pump up the base!!" - Dusty Beiber

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SlumpBuster
    I don't think this thread should be deleted, whether or not its shilly. Its educational....
    Thank you.

For the life of me I can't understand why people think I'm a shill. Did anyone actually read the review? Did anyone actually listen to the recording? I wasn't doing the AAs any favors here folks.

Some peope are just born cynics I guess.

I for one appreciate the review.... I would have personnally never bought them, nor reviewed them myself, and I wouldn't purchase them for my garage either b/c I'm sure I can find something laying around (even old shelf system speakers etc) but It looks like Darrinps gave an honest review.... I also think if nothing else, anyone considering purchasing such speakers would certainly decide not to if they checked out this thread.... Keep the thread alive! I like it!

P.S. the "300 Watts!" c'mon AA if you had 2 more exclamation points.... you would have had me!!!! ha!!!

AR Newbie Registered Member
    You should definitely not delete this thread. I am a moron, but thanks to this thread I avoided paying $150 for some **** speakers. Instead I bought some klipsch speakers and an ADCOM amp and the other **** listed in my equipment on my profile from a guy on craigslist, and it sounds pretty damn good. I actually registered for this site because of the time and money this thread saved me.
    You'd think people couldn't lie that much on a specs sheet, but I guess they can. By the way, I totally laughed my ass off when someone posted that jackass customer service guy's pic, because I thought that picture was way weird the first time I saw it, too.
    Oh, where does the term shill come from? I figured out what it meant, but it is a strange term.

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by sn0skier
    You should definitely not delete this thread. I am a moron, but thanks to this thread I avoided paying $150 for some **** speakers. Instead I bought some klipsch speakers and an ADCOM amp and the other **** listed in my equipment on my profile from a guy on craigslist, and it sounds pretty damn good. I actually registered for this site because of the time and money this thread saved me.
    You'd think people couldn't lie that much on a specs sheet, but I guess they can. By the way, I totally laughed my ass off when someone posted that jackass customer service guy's pic, because I thought that picture was way weird the first time I saw it, too.
    Oh, where does the term shill come from? I figured out what it meant, but it is a strange term.
    Posts like yours make us all, and the mods in particular, feel great. We joke around ALOT here but there are several members here (Wooch, Kex, Terrance, Tex, Bobsticks, Pixel and others) who love to drop the knowledge and help folks out. They're glad they could help as am I.

Da Worfster

Ah yes! This thread just reminds me that a lot of the younguns returned to college campuses this week ... PRIME TIME for those scammers who sell speakers out of white vans. No better time than now to reiterate that if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Here's a previous post on the subject, w/ link to the scam policing site that tracks where the white vans currently stake out.

did we got ripped off? kinda?

As usual a lot of the names getting slapped onto these POS speakers are knockoffs on legitimate speaker companies. The current crop includes Kirsch, Olin Ross, Divinci, and Palermo. (Seems like the Italian knockoff names are in response to speakers like Vienna Acoustics and Sonus Faber now getting sold at Best Buy) Previously, you had names like Acoustic Image, Dahlton, Denmark, Dynalab, Pro Audio, among others.

http://www.scamshield.com/Feature.asp?id=1
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Next week, I'll post the results of my Clash of the Titans....I'll be comparing Dahlton to Dahlquist. Watch this space...

i found this review helpful and decided to make an account to say so. maybe he is affiliated, maybe not, either way i decided to go ahead to try the acoustic audio 300watt 2.1 system and got them for $31 after shipping and im not impressed. for that price i'd say its the best speaker you can get but if your looking for a good 2.1 system and think these are gonna cut it then you're mistaken. i don't think its actually 300watts either, i own a lot of other speakers and subs(complete audio nut here) and compared them to my logitech z 506's and the logitech blew them away but in all fairness those are 5.1. the sub on the acoustic audio was nice on the low end, terrible on mids and high end. some songs it gets a little choppy. in the end id guess they are pumping out about 50watt rms so for $30 its a steal. if you wanna spend less than $50 for speakers that'll last at least a year then go with these otherwise save your money for some klipsch's or higher end frisby's

I found this thread helpful as well as I saw this brand of speakers on the Newegg marketplace. One of the few reviews I could find.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information