Forum Regular

Anyone know where to buy a replacement speaker?

Hey Guys,
    I have a JVC HX-Z3 stereo system and my subwoofer in my left speaker is like halfway blown. It crackles and produces very very loose bass. Anyone know where I could get this thing fixed at or where to buy a replacement speaker? I couldn't find anywhere where you could buy just one speaker! Anyone help will be appreciated.

Here's a link to the stereo system from JVC's website: http://www.jvc.com/product.jsp?model...L026892&page=3

Contact JVC?

Try here for parts:

http://www.partsexpress.com/

Good luck.
    TinHere

Enjoying a virtual life.

Forum Regular
    Hrmm....that place doesn't have any JVC products.

Oh yeah...I tried contacting JVC but it was like no help at all. I called the parts center and hey were totally clueless about everything.

They may have the same driver that needs to be replaced that JVC used to build the speakers. Do you know what driver it is [make & model] to look it up?

You can also try e-mailing JVC with the particulars.
    TinHere

Enjoying a virtual life.

i have a passive sub and I noticed a slight crackling whenever a bass note hit. I thought it was blown cause I'm hooking up a 400 watt amp to a 150 watt sub driver. Turns out I just needed to tighten the wires in place. Make sure you have a tight connection. If it is really blown, you're better off just buying two new woofers from partsexpress.com.

-Joey

Forum Regular
    I know that the screws just don't need tightening. The foam around the speaker is cracked in a few areas.

ok then you'll need another pair of woofers for both of your speakers, although I would be just guessing on what speaker to pick because that enclosure is tuned to that particular sub driver. I'm guessing it is an 8" right? Give me a budget and I'll try to find i decent replacement for both speakers. Is your warranty up? Try to return it if you can.

-Joey

Forum Regular
    Yeah my warranty is up. The subwoofer size is 7-7/8". I'm just starting to get very frustrated with all of this stuff. I don't know what to do! I called up my local JVC authorized dealer and he was really mean and said that they don't even do things with JVC products, even though JVC said they do. I don't know what to do.

Damn, wat an *******. It looks like you just got screwed, I'm gonna say you should try to sell it on ebay and get what you can. With that money buy a nice, but inexpensive integrated amp (stereo receiver) along with a nice pair of bookshelf speakers. On ebay the other day I saw a nice Pioneer for $35 and had about 85 watts a channel. Going this way will let you upgrade your system as you go on, where I'm guessing only those specific speakers worked with that system. In the future stay away from that dealer, and don't buy any more of these boom box like speaker systems.Good luck

-Joey

Forum Regular
    I just wanted to tell you that I called up JVC...and waited on the line for about an hour with the parts order place. I can purchase a new speaker for $105 shipped. You think that would be worth it? I think that's the only way to get the most money out of the system now...considering it's MP3 playback and 460 watts...and the other speaker works perfectly fine.

Well that's definently a rip off. No woofer from JVC is actually worth that much. If you like the system and feel you are willing to pay $105 for a new woofer that isn't worth more then $20 go ahead. Don't be mislead by the 460 watts of power to the speakers, these are probably peaks the amplifiers can do, but not rms. It may have a lot of bass, but if you buy an integrated amp and a pair of say $200 bookshelf speakers and a seperate sub and you'll be rocking with all the bass you'll need, along with great sound quality in the midrange and Highs. There's a dayton 10" 100 watt sub at partsexpress.com for about $140 and is a steal for the price (as I heard). Well that's what I would do, it's your choice. Hell you could just buy a handheld cd player that does mp3 just for temporary use until you get a nice cd player.

-Joey

Forum Regular
    $140 + $200 for bookshelf speakers + the price of the amp....that's kind of getting pricey after everything.

Thread Information