Forum Regular

Monitor Audio Silver S10

Planning on upgrading to the MA S10. Using for music and Home Theater. Any positive or negative feedback would be helpfull.

Forum Regular

Very nice speaker

I like the sound of the Silver 10. The bass response is EXTREMELY fast. Kinda like Ben Johnson on steroids. The bass is quite articulate also. I liked the tweeter too, the highs were more extended than the Paradigm Studio line, not as aggressive as the B&W Signature 805, but not quite as 'true' as the DeCapo, ML Aeon, or the Maggie 3.6. Midrange is wonderful, very transparent. Imaging and soundstaging are really good too.

Look at the floorstanders in the B&W CDM line. Martin Logan has the Mosaic. The Monitor Audio GR10 will offer better everything with the exception of bass extension, check this one out also (I think it may retail for less money than the Silver 10).

THOB

Forum Regular

Have hear them at Sound Advice (tweeter) in Fla.

...the first thing that attracts you is the well made wood veneer enclosures.I have listened to Silver and Gold series...nothing distinctive, but maybe that is good.My impression is that they don't audition well next to more efficient speakers which is not a fault.My other inpression is that the Golds are similar and not worth the price difference. Per the link attached, I was most impressed with the S-2 bookshelf....gorgeous little speaker for the money.Unless your room is very large you might look at these and put the balance in a high quality tight sub for music.
    http://www.downtownaudio.com/monitoraudio.html

Thread Information