Amp Breakin & Speakers

Printable View

  • 06-25-2004, 03:58 PM
    46minaudio
    Amp Breakin & Speakers
    Posted by RGA " the real reason this came about was that a lot of people who owned BAD soft dome tweeter speakers form the late 70s and 80s went out and bought new slim line very TIGHT and punchy bass products with piercing metal tweeters."

    Now I know,My next purchase will be ANs.Nothing else will do..Thanks RGA,BTW where did you dig this sh&t up from..Its a good thing I read this before I bought the CDM 1NTs that RGA pushed as the best ever.,Even though they have a Metal dome tweeter and slim Line design..
  • 06-25-2004, 06:36 PM
    This Guy
    What the ****? What was the point of this post besides poking fun at RGA? How old are you, 12?
  • 06-25-2004, 07:07 PM
    cam
    I know RGA recommends not using titanium tweeters but just maybe he has hearing equivelant to a DOG in which case would annoy his sense of direction. Myself, every speaker that I have enjoyed used a titanium tweeter. So go figure, everyone's hearing interperate sound differently.
  • 06-25-2004, 09:35 PM
    mtrycraft
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by cam
    So go figure, everyone's hearing interperate sound differently.


    Better not be that different or it would be chaos.
  • 06-25-2004, 11:09 PM
    RGA
    Please post the thread where I said the CDM 1NT was the best ever. Thanks.

    What you choose to listen to is up to you - that is why there is no one brand - the choice of compromises most speakers make annoy me - they may not annoy you.
  • 06-26-2004, 04:02 PM
    46minaudio
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by This Guy
    What the ****? What was the point of this post besides poking fun at RGA? How old are you, 12?

    Yet you seem to be ok with this.." the real reason this came about was that a lot of people who owned BAD soft dome tweeter speakers form the late 70s and 80s went out and bought new slim line very TIGHT and punchy bass products with piercing metal tweeters."
    You go dog,,,,,
  • 06-26-2004, 06:52 PM
    mtrycraft
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by RGA
    Please post the thread where I said the CDM 1NT was the best ever. Thanks.

    What you choose to listen to is up to you - that is why there is no one brand - the choice of compromises most speakers make annoy me - they may not annoy you.


    Is this for cam?
  • 06-26-2004, 07:25 PM
    cam
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by mtrycraft
    Is this for cam?

    If it was for me I will stand by the fact that titanium tweeters always reveal all the details in music or movies that I prefer. Sometimes or maybe even alot of times people will not prefer that type of tweeter probably because they are not use to hearing their favorite recordings with such extreme detail. Some people are use to hearing their material a certain way and then all of a sudden they hear a speaker with a titanium tweeter and they think that it doesn't sound right when in fact it actually sounds more correct to what the studio who mixed it intended it to sound. Some peoples hearing is more sensitive then others so if you add a tweeter that is very revealing it may be interperated as being annoying.
  • 06-26-2004, 07:33 PM
    This Guy
    I wouldn't have said anything if you took that text right out of the post it was in. But here you take it out of nowhere, and it looks like all you're doing is looking for trouble. Great use of a post, tool.
  • 06-26-2004, 07:40 PM
    gonefishin
    hehe :p


    (to anyone)

    go ahead and ask me what I think sounds right, I'm correct nearly 100% of the time. I believe the reason I may be correct nearly all the time is because my hearing is the best I've heard to date! Just ask me to describe what I hear...I'm right every time! :P


    :rolleyes: <----- roll eyes no your schmoopie


    hehe...take care> > > > > >
  • 06-26-2004, 08:17 PM
    RGA
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by mtrycraft
    Is this for cam?

    No 46minaudio said "Its a good thing I read this before I bought the CDM 1NTs that RGA pushed as the best ever."

    I don't recall saying the CDM 1NT was the best ever.
  • 06-26-2004, 08:24 PM
    RGA
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by cam
    If it was for me I will stand by the fact that titanium tweeters always reveal all the details in music or movies that I prefer. Sometimes or maybe even alot of times people will not prefer that type of tweeter probably because they are not use to hearing their favorite recordings with such extreme detail. Some people are use to hearing their material a certain way and then all of a sudden they hear a speaker with a titanium tweeter and they think that it doesn't sound right when in fact it actually sounds more correct to what the studio who mixed it intended it to sound. Some peoples hearing is more sensitive then others so if you add a tweeter that is very revealing it may be interperated as being annoying.

    I suppose this would make sense except that Quads soft dome tweeter has higher freqeuncy capability out to 50Khz than many metal versions.

    A lot of cheap lousy speakers using soft dome tweeters do sound almost hacked off in the highs compared to cheap speakers using metal tweeters(very generally though because someone will point out oodles of exceptions). And many cheap speakers using either can sound shrill and irritating.
  • 06-26-2004, 08:26 PM
    RGA
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by gonefishin
    hehe :p


    (to anyone)

    go ahead and ask me what I think sounds right, I'm correct nearly 100% of the time. I believe the reason I may be correct nearly all the time is because my hearing is the best I've heard to date! Just ask me to describe what I hear...I'm right every time! :P


    :rolleyes: <----- roll eyes no your schmoopie


    hehe...take care> > > > > >

    :D Yes I think my preference is 100% right damn it because I preferred it :p

    Preferences subject to change without notice. :eek:
  • 06-27-2004, 08:39 AM
    gonefishin
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by RGA
    :D Yes I think my preference is 100% right damn it because I preferred it :p

    Preferences subject to change without notice. :eek:

    ;)


    Hi Rga. Please note that not only is my preference 100% correct, but my perception is also 100% right all the time.

    If something sounds more detailed to me...then it is. If one tweeter makes cymbals sound more like real cymbals...then it is. Not for everyone...just me. It's not entirely about what is actually playing, but what you think your hearing.


    Like you say...that is until I change my perception to fit my next preference ;)


    enjoy the weekend,
    dan