All together

Printable View

• 02-03-2008, 09:58 AM
    SpankingVanillaice
    All together
    How about this which monitors will be best for future ready since the digital age is coming? Edirol MA-15D, M-Audio BX5a or the AV 40. I will be using them for just music listening and playing games and stuff related to that. I will be connecting them to my PC or my portable MP3 player or other players.
  • 02-03-2008, 10:01 AM
    SpankingVanillaice
  • 02-03-2008, 10:30 AM
    SpankingVanillaice
    Since all of the AV series sound about the same so I guess i would like to compair them the BX5a and MA-15D and all of the AV Series.
  • 02-03-2008, 10:39 AM
    Florian
    Oh **** OFF!! Can someone please just bann this IDIOT?
  • 02-03-2008, 11:17 AM
    Ajani
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Florian
    Oh **** OFF!! Can someone please just bann this IDIOT?

LOL...
  • 02-03-2008, 11:21 AM
    SpankingVanillaice
    I am serious guys I didn't post this since I wanted people to make fun of me. Matter of fact I never said that I want people to make fun on me in the first place. If you are not serious don't even post first off.
  • 02-03-2008, 11:33 AM
    anamorphic96
    What the hell are you talking about. The digital age is already here. It's been here for awhile.

Go with what your ear likes. How many times do you have to be told this.
  • 02-03-2008, 11:43 AM
    Feanor
    Digital
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpankingVanillaice
    How about this which monitors will be best for future ready since the digital age is coming? Edirol MA-15D, M-Audio BX5a or the AV 40. I will be using them for just music listening and playing games and stuff related to that. I will be connecting them to my PC or my portable MP3 player or other players.

SVI, strictly speaking only the Edirol is digital because it is the only one that accepts digital input from what I can see. All are active, (have built-in amplification), but the M-Audios both accept only line-level analog input.
  • 02-03-2008, 11:51 AM
    SpankingVanillaice
    Well the Edirols has both analog and digital inputs I have seen the MA-15D and they have two analog inputs and two digital inputs. One is RCA and one is a female headphone 1/8 type and for digital there is one that is fiber optic and one is coaxal.
  • 02-03-2008, 11:58 AM
    Ajani
    Quote:

Well the Edirols has both analog and digital inputs I have seen the MA-15D and they have two analog inputs and two digital inputs. One is RCA and one is a female headphone 1/8 type and for digital there is one that is fiber optic and one is coaxal.

Congratulations, seems you've almost answered your own question...

Now just buy the Edirol and enjoy your music.....
  • 02-03-2008, 12:20 PM
    audio amateur
    SVI is back:D
    ps: why do we even call him SVI? does he even know it's him? haha
  • 02-03-2008, 12:30 PM
    SpankingVanillaice
    I do know what SVI meaning its my sn Spanking then Vanilla then Ice SVI right?
  • 02-03-2008, 12:31 PM
    SpankingVanillaice
    Is this true that all digital signal will change to analog when it plays out of the speakers? Someone said the only difference it makes is that when you use digital you can have a longer cord and you won't lose signal.
  • 02-03-2008, 12:40 PM
    basite
    Get the BX5a's.

no discussion.
  • 02-03-2008, 01:36 PM
    audio amateur
    dont forget to keep them spinning aswell;)
  • 02-04-2008, 07:00 AM
    johnny p
    Save your money..... the time is approaching where music will be transmitted directly to receptors in our brains via electrodes, making all speakers, and communication in other forms obsolete.
  • 02-04-2008, 07:06 AM
    GMichael
    Hey Spanky,

How's it going?
    Are you still changing your mind on speakers? I think you should stick to what you have for a little while. These small changes you have been making don't add up to much overall. You should keep the system you have for awhile and save up for a larger jump. You'll end up happier in the long run.

Mike
  • 02-04-2008, 08:09 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    He sure does go through the boyfriends doesn't he? SVI, do you have "loose" morals?
  • 02-04-2008, 08:18 AM
    Florian
    SVI is most likely similar to the guy from Silence of the Lambs. He seeks a transformation of his body and life through the use of complete crap for low-fi gear.
  • 02-04-2008, 08:54 AM
    JohnMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    He sure does go through the boyfriends doesn't he? SVI, do you have "loose" morals?

I sure did at his age.
  • 02-04-2008, 10:57 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    I sure did at his age.

Well.... that's not the point!!! :incazzato:
  • 02-04-2008, 11:06 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Well.... that's not the point!!! :incazzato:

But it may stir up fond memories of the past.:ihih:
  • 02-04-2008, 11:15 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    The past? You mean like the 40's or 50's?
  • 02-04-2008, 11:21 AM
    GMichael
    20 minutes ago is/was the past now. By time you read this post, it will be in my past.
  • 02-04-2008, 11:28 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    It's 1:15 pm
    Quote:

Is this true that all digital signal will change to analog when it plays out of the speakers? Someone said the only difference it makes is that when you use digital you can have a longer cord and you won't lose signal.

:crazy:
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GM
    20 minutes ago is/was the past now. By time you read this post, it will be in my past.

Remember though, we've had tears in the time/space continuum before...