• 09-03-2008, 07:24 AM
    Free Citizen
    Where is the Introduction forum?
    Hi there,

I got an e-mail message saying I have a PM. When I logged in, all I see is this message at the top;

Quote:

Hello Free Citizen,
    Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Introductions forum.

Why not start with your first post today and become an active part AudioReview Forums forums now!
    I can't seem to find the Introduction forum and don't know how I can access my PM. well, I am looking forward to sharing my lo-fi with you folks.

Best regards,
    freecitizen
  • 09-03-2008, 07:38 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Free Citizen
    Hi there,

I got an e-mail message saying I have a PM. When I logged in, all I see is this message at the top;

I can't seem to find the Introduction forum and don't know how I can access my PM. well, I am looking forward to sharing my lo-fi with you folks.

Best regards,
    freecitizen

Hi FC,

Welcome to AR. :thumbsup: As far as I know, we don't have a specific Introduction forum. I do know that there are changes in the works. Maybe it's something we will have some day.

There are a few ways to access your PM. Right now, as I'm replying to this post I see, "
    Welcome, GMichael.
    You last visited: Yesterday at 05:59 PM
    Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 44. "

In the upper right corner. Clicking on Private Messages would let me read or write PM's. Another way is to go into your, "User CP" located in your upper left. From there you will find a list of options listed down the left. Private Messages is almost half way down.

Hope this helps, and hope you'll get to enjoy our group. We're a little crazy, a lot of fun and some of the others here are very informative.
  • 09-04-2008, 07:57 AM
    Free Citizen
    Thanks GMichael for responding but I don't see the things you described after login.
  • 09-04-2008, 03:31 PM
    bobsticks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Free Citizen
    Thanks GMichael for responding but I don't see the things you described after login.

I think, under the new rules, you have to have five posts before e-mailing becomes an option.
  • 09-13-2008, 04:40 PM
    gayle66
    Hi Everyone: I just jointed Audioreview and was wondering if anyone can advise as to where I can download a Manuel for a Sony 250W Dolby Pro Logic Component System MHC-F250AV. I have owned this system for several years but have recently moved and now I cannot get it to play. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Kindest regards, gayle66
  • 09-13-2008, 04:58 PM
    Auricauricle
    Welcome, gale66 and to you, Free Citizen....This is a fun and awkward buncha individuals....Hope you like it here, if you wanna sit around and talk about whatever, whenever, to whoever...

This link should help, gale66: http://www.docs.sony.com/release/MHCFR10.PDF
  • 10-15-2008, 10:54 PM
    Wits
    Hey, Free Citizen, I just joined today and I'm seeing that same message near the top of the page...'Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Introductions forum.' I've been looking for that forum for 30 minutes!

Oh well, I'd venture to say there isn't one, and that that is a default message of the board software.

So...Hi everyone! :) :p
  • 10-16-2008, 07:12 AM
    basite
    well, welcome anyway Wits :)

hope you like it here :D

Keep them spinning,
    Bert.
  • 10-16-2008, 12:14 PM
    L.J.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wits
    Hey, Free Citizen, I just joined today and I'm seeing that same message near the top of the page...'Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Introductions forum.' I've been looking for that forum for 30 minutes!

Oh well, I'd venture to say there isn't one, and that that is a default message of the board software.

So...Hi everyone! :) :p

Welcome to AR Wits. Looking forward to reading some of your posts :)
  • 10-16-2008, 12:41 PM
    GMichael
    Second star to the left. Go straight on till midnight.
    Any luck?
  • 10-16-2008, 01:23 PM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Hi, I am Sir Terrence, one of the most hated individuals on AR. I am so hated that I hate myself. It is good to meet you all........AGAIN!
  • 10-16-2008, 01:38 PM
    GMichael
    Screw off drirtbag!

Oops. Did I say that out loud?
  • 10-16-2008, 03:39 PM
    RoadRunner6
    1 Attachment(s)
    Welcome Folks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Hi, I am Sir Terrence, one of the most hated individuals on AR. I am so hated that I hate myself. It is good to meet you all........AGAIN!

Perhaps if you changed your name to Sir Terrence the Terrific everyone would be in love with you (just like an Oscar Mayer wiener.....be careful driving in the snow!).

GM says: "We're a little crazy"

Auricauricle says: " This is an awkward buncha individuals"

Hey, speak for yourselves swine!

RR6 (beep, beep)
  • 10-16-2008, 03:51 PM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Pay no attention to RR6. He's huffin' the fumes coming from the back of his Plasma TV.
  • 10-16-2008, 03:56 PM
    bobsticks
    Whattup Wits
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Pay no attention to RR6. He's huffin' the fumes coming from the back of his Plasma TV.

I'm told by the locals that the "metallic" hues are the preferred variety of spraypaint for this activity...
  • 10-16-2008, 04:12 PM
    RoadRunner6
    Sniff, sniff, sniff
  • 10-16-2008, 06:14 PM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadRunner6
    Sniff, sniff, sniff

Swoooooooooooooo.......cough cough cough!!!
  • 10-16-2008, 06:18 PM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadRunner6

Perhaps if you changed your name to Sir Terrence the Terrific everyone would be in love with you (just like an Oscar Mayer wiener.....be careful driving in the snow!).
    RR6 (beep, beep)

Okay, those betta be kosher, that's all I'm sayin.........:nono
  • 10-16-2008, 06:32 PM
    RoadRunner6
    Ro-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-oll another one
    Just like the other one.
    You've been hanging on to it
    And I sure would like a hit.
  • 10-30-2008, 12:41 AM
    vlady_zch
    Hi guys, i am also new here and i was searching the "introductions forum". So my first language is not english so please don't shoot me when i make mistakes.
  • 10-31-2008, 11:51 AM
    atomicAdam
    Seem like that PM should include a bit more info, and correct info. I'll get that changed on Monday.
  • 10-31-2008, 12:17 PM
    RoadRunner6
    vlady_zch, welcome! This is a fun place. Both informative and also a little crazy (as in humorous). Don't worry about your English, it is my first language and I make lots of mistakes.

RR6 :biggrin5:
  • 10-31-2008, 01:08 PM
    Wits
    Hmm, well as I am 'Da Gramma Police, officially self-annointed, err appointed (hic) y'all bettah not be makin many mistakes, heah? :p

RR6 I always thought it went 'Roll another one, just like the other one, and pass it over to me'. Though I must say yours does have a nice ring to it! :) Unfortunately I have neither plasma nor one of them other things to get fumes from at the moment. :frown2: :sad: Though I hope to remedy the plasma part before Christmas at the latest.:yesnod::thumbsup:

• 10-31-2008, 03:59 PM
    RoadRunner6
    1 Attachment(s)
    Wits, you must have spaced out before they got to the second verse, man.

Don't bogart that joint, my friend
    Pass it over to me.
    Pass it over to me.

Roll another one
    Just like the other one.
    This one's burnt to the end
    Come on and be a friend.

Pass it over to me.
    Pass it over to me.

Ro-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-oll another one
    Just like the other one.
    You've been hanging on to it
    And I sure would like a hit.

Pass it over to me.
    Pass it over to me

RR6 :2:
  • 10-31-2008, 07:51 PM
    Wits
    Well, I never have been able to handle my, err, roughage.:lol:

Damned if I knew it had that many verses though! :p:thumbsup:

Gettin' all misty-eyed for the 60's just thinking about it! :p
  • 10-31-2008, 08:58 PM
    atomicAdam
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wits
    Well, I never have been able to handle my, err, roughage.:lol:

Damned if I knew it had that many verses though! :p:thumbsup:

Gettin' all misty-eyed for the 60's just thinking about it! :p

misty-eyed for the 60's and using a forums on the interwebs - you are the man! :D

j/k - anyways, that statement makes me feel young. seeing as I can only really, in all fairness, get misty-eyed over the late 80s and early 90s.
  • 10-31-2008, 09:35 PM
    Wits
    Yea, there's a candy-striper that comes in once a day and helps me...:thumbsup:
  • 11-01-2008, 01:19 AM
    vlady_zch
    You guys are very funny :)
  • 11-03-2008, 12:54 PM
    aA_testaccount
    me welcoming my test account
  • 11-12-2008, 05:18 AM
    Sugar Beats
    Hello, I'm new here too and this thread is the closest
    thing I've seen to the "Introduction Forum," (I rec. the same message that Freecitizen had) so I'm posting here to say,

Hi ya all! I hope to get to know you all better soon! :smile5:
  • 11-23-2008, 06:41 PM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Where are you Sticky Beets? :sosp:
  • 11-25-2008, 03:37 PM
    bobsticks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Where are you Sticky Beets? :sosp:

I'm pretty sure you scared her off with your instantaneous marriage proposal...
  • 11-25-2008, 03:48 PM
    Auricauricle
    ...and when he tried to 'splain how big everything in Texas is....
  • 11-25-2008, 08:31 PM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsticks
    I'm pretty sure you scared her off with your instantaneous marriage proposal...

She was your friend sticks. I said nothing in this thread up until two weeks after she posted here.

Nevertheless friend, I hope we brought even a small slice of joy to your special day, dude! :thumbsup: